ClubFloyd Transcript:
Unnkulia Zero: The Search for Amanda by D. A. Leary
As played on ifMUD on May - July, 2020

The idea behind ClubFloyd is that each week at a pre-arranged time, a group of people meet online to cooperatively play a game of interactive fiction.

Below is a transcript of Unnkulia Zero: The Search for Amanda written by D. A. Leary. Unnkulia Zero: The Search for Amanda was written in 1993. It is third in the Unnkulian series, though set before the others chronologically. You can learn more about the game, including how to download it, by visiting IFDB.


WARNING! Below you will find a transcript of people playing this game, and it goes without saying that the transcript is full of spoilers. So, if you've never played this game, and think you might like to at some point, I do not recommend reading any further. Instead, you might want to return to the interactive fiction page.


ToyShop & Floyditorium
#ClubFloyd Discussion



*** SESSION ONE ***
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "load unnkuliazero"
CF | Welcome to the Cheap Glk Implementation, library version 0.9.0.
CF |
CF | tadsr - A text-only TADS 2.5.10 Interpreter.
CF | Copyright (c) 1993, 2006 by Michael J. Roberts.
CF |
CF |
CF |
CF |
CF |
CF |
CF |
CF | Listen now, and hear this tale - a tale from the ancient days of Tode,
CF | a scant thirty-five years after the ascension of the Second Valley
CF | King, a day when Unnkul was in retreat but the Valley had lost the ways
CF | of Duhdha. Yea, hear this tale and listen well, for the lessons
CF | contained herein are ageless -
CF |
CF | "Aaarrrgggghh!!!"
CF |
CF | The Valley King's anguished roar echoes through the underground
CF | cavern, waking you from a deep sleep. You yawn and stretch, rising
CF | from your hard bunk in the Warrior's Barracks, and strap on your sword.
CF | It's going to be one of those days. What horrible Unnkulian menace
CF | will His Majesty send you out to fight today? You sigh; no use putting
CF | it off. You stride down the passageway to the Great Hall, boots
CF | clattering on the stones.
CF |
CF | Your master has never looked worse. He hasn't shaved, and he's
CF | already been into the wine this morning; an empty bottle of Chateau
CF | Unnkulia stands at his elbow. He's bent over the massive oak table,
CF | sobbing, carving something in the seasoned wood. He stares at you
CF | through bleary eyes. "Praise be!" he cries. "It's you, my most
CF | trusted warrior! You'll find her!" He leaps to his feet and, grasping
CF | your arm, leads you down the hallway.
CF |
CF | "Find who, Your Magnimosity?" you ask politely.
CF |
CF | "The Lady Amanda, fool!" the King mutters. "She's vanished! She
CF | was last seen rowing on the lake; if the Unnkulians have stolen her - "
CF | The King swallows, wiping tears from his eyes. He reaches up and
CF | unlocks an iron grate in the ceiling of the tunnel.
CF |
CF | You gasp. The Lady Amanda! The King's betrothed! Her tinkling
CF | laugh made the dead caverns come alive, and she is beloved of all the
CF | King's subjects! If she's vanished -
CF |
CF | You shudder, not wanting to finish the thought. Without the fair
CF | Amanda's influence, your master will not have the strength to go on -
CF | the strength to ward off the Unnkulian menace. She must be found!
CF |
CF | The King slips something into your hand. "Take this," he whispers.
CF | "My seal shall protect you. Go with haste! I cannot bear to lose my
CF | lady!"
CF |
CF | You grasp your liege lord's shoulder. "Fear not, sire," you
CF | whisper. "She shall be found." You climb up out of the grate and
CF | blink in the bright sunshine. Behind you, the grate slams shut. You
CF | flex, muscles ripping beneath your shirt. It is a good day for a quest
CF | - and it may involve killing Unnkulians!
CF |
CF | Unnkulia Zero: The Search for Amanda
CF | Version 1.0G for Great Underground Adventures CD
CF | Copyright (C) 1993, 1996 D. A. Leary
CF | All rights reserved.
CF | Developed with TADS, the Text Adventure Development System.
CF |
CF | Difficulty Rating: Dam Tuff (7 out of 10)
CF |
CF | ***
CF |
CF | This game is free. We encourage you to distribute it, but you may
CF | not charge any money for it beyond the cost of the media it is stored
CF | on.
CF |
CF | ADVENTIONS no longer supports this product. Please do not contact
CF | us for hints or to buy games. The best place to get our games is from
CF | the Interactive Fiction Archive on the Internet, site ftp.gmd.de. The
CF | best place to ask for help with our games is the Usenet newsgroup
CF | rec.games.int-fiction.
CF |
CF | ***
CF |
CF | Read footnotes [1] with the note command; e.g., type "note 1."
CF |
CF | ***
CF |
CF | Peaceful Glade
CF |
CF | You are standing in a peaceful glade in the Forest of Radeekal. The
CF | fall colors are glorious this time of year; the trees are ablaze with
CF | red, orange, and yellow.
CF |
CF | You blink in the bright sunlight; it's been over a year since you
CF | last left the underground realm of His Majesticalness. It's good to be
CF | outside and breathe fresh air again.
CF |
CF | Through the trees, you catch glimpses of cheerful woodland
CF | creatures, frolicking and gathering nuts and berries for the coming
CF | winter. If only you could stay here forever - but there's much to be
CF | done. Set in the forest floor is the iron grate leading back down to
CF | the realm of the Valley King. It's closed and locked. [2] A
CF | well-traveled path leads southwest, and a narrower track, nearly
CF | overgrown, leads due south.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Dam Tuff? I guess we want to save early and often."
MoyTW asks, "Do we take turns, have one person do it, or just all go whenever?"
DavidW says, "It's best to have a driver, one person acting for all of us, usually."
Knight_Otu says, "We've been keeping someone in the driver's seat, and the others giving suggestions."
DavidW says, "I'm looking at a map I drew for this game since I don't feel like mapping today."
DavidW says, "My notes aren't complete."
Knight_Otu says, "I'll try to map. Perhaps foolishly, I've put the lade in the middle."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 1"
CF | [1]: Footnote markers are numbers enclosed in square brackets.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 2"
CF | [2]: This is, as you might have guessed, the entrance to "Unnkulian
CF | Underworld: The Unknown Unventure." You can't get there from here!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x me"
CF | You're a hulking Valley Warrior, one of the fittest of the Valley
CF | King's soldiers.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "My map indicates sw and s options here, but we should check inventory."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring and a sword.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x ring"
CF | The bronze ring is set with the seal of His Magnimosity, the Valley
CF | King. It will provide good passage through the Forest of Radeekal, and
CF | it probably carries some weight even in other lands.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Royal seal that we were promised."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x sword"
CF | Your sword is your trusted friend. It's seen you through many a
CF | battle, and has the nicks and scars to prove it. Still, you keep it
CF | sharpened and polished. [3]
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh, I might remember that ring."
Knight_Otu says, "Psst."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 3"
CF | [3]: You thank the Gods daily that it's not an Acme Soopur-Slysur
CF | Whepun.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "The Acme-speak is dreadful."
DavidW says, "super-slicer weapon"
Knight_Otu says, "Thankfully I understood this."
Knight_Otu says, "But I can imagine it becoming worse."
MoyTW says, "I find it kind of endearing. But who knows how long that feeling will last."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x trees"
CF | The fall colors are coming to the Forest of Radeekal, and the woods are
CF | bathed in shimmering yellows and reds. It's a gorgeous sight, but
CF | warriors such as yourself should remain unmoved by beauty. The trees
CF | are mostly oak and birch, with a few ash and elm thrown in for good
CF | measure, but you can't tell them apart - you're a warrior, not a
CF | botanist. Through the trees, you sometimes catch glimpses of woodland
CF | creatures, too far off to determine just which adorable snugglies - er,
CF | potential dinners - they are.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "You know, some warriors are rangers."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x creatures"
CF | When you approach the chattering forest creatures, they scamper away
CF | before you can get a close look. You probably wouldn't recognize them
CF | anyway; you're a warrior, not a zoologist.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think our last name is McCoy."
Knight_Otu says, "Possibly."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x grate"
CF | It's set in the forest floor. It's closed and locked. Below is only
CF | darkness.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "So, south, or sw?"
DavidW says, "I suspect my map may be incomplete. I didn't have that grate on it."
MoyTW says, "No opinion, we'll visit both in time I'm sure."
DavidW says, "South has fewer locations to run through."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | You're walking on a winding path that wends its way through a
CF | particularly thick part of the forest. The trees bend low overhead,
CF | and the sunlight filtering down through the colorful leaves is dim at
CF | best. The path runs north and east. To the south is a mound of
CF | moss-covered rocks and what looks like the entrance to a small grotto
CF | or cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x mound"
CF | The great, jumbled mound of rocks is quite imposing. There's a dark
CF | opening near the bottom, directly to the south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x opening"
CF | The grotto is a dark opening - you can't really see into it.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "What, no darkvision from living underground?"
DavidW says, "We're a warrior, not a mole man."
Knight_Otu says, "That may mean the cave is a dark room."
Knight_Otu says (to David), "Heh."
MoyTW asks, "Okay so, this is 1993, was that the era where the games kill you if you walk into them without a light or something?"
DavidW says, "Sometimes, yes."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf21"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Mossy Grotto
CF |
CF | You're standing in a mossy cave carved from the living rock. A wide
CF | exit leads back out into the sun-dappled forest to the north. The
CF | floor and walls are solid rock, covered with lichens and fungi. It's
CF | quite peaceful here.
CF |
CF | You see a spray can here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Usually you can step into darkness and step back out safely, though."
DavidW says, "It's going from one dark room to another dark room where authors get bloodthirsty."
Knight_Otu says, "Brighter than I expected."
DavidW says, "That can will be another Acme product, I'm sure."
Knight_Otu says, "Also, maybe we could clear the save counter since we're on a new game. Not sure how to do that."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x can"
CF | Tiny lettering on the side of the can reads:
CF |
CF | "Acme Dam Phowl Snayk Rheepehlant. Guaranteed results! Shake
CF | before using. To use, spray target with repellant. In case of failure,
CF | send proof of purchase to ACME Inc., c/o The Golden Dragon Inn,
CF | Radeekal Forest, Unnkulia."
CF |
CF | >
DavidW clears the save counter. Knight_Otu exclaims, "Thanks!"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get repellant"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Damn Foul Snake Repellant"
Knight_Otu says, "Thankfully it understands the real name."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lichen"
CF | It's quite soft, but rather yucky.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x walls"
CF | I don't see any walls here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu exclaims, "Lies!"
DavidW asks, "Can we take any lichen?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get lichen"
CF | Why would you want it?
CF |
CF | > MoyTW asks, "Can we...eat the lichen?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "eat lichen"
CF | You chomp on a big fistful of yucky mosses. Like most Unnkulian fungi,
CF | it's deadly poison. Urk!
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 18 turns, you have achieved a score of 0 points out of a
CF | possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're totally unnkul.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Mossy Grotto
CF |
CF | You're standing in a mossy cave carved from the living rock. A wide
CF | exit leads back out into the sun-dappled forest to the north. The
CF | floor and walls are solid rock, covered with lichens and fungi. It's
CF | quite peaceful here.
CF |
CF | > MoyTW exclaims, "huh!"
DavidW says (to MoyTW), "Yes!"
Knight_Otu exclaims, "Our first death!"
MoyTW exclaims, "Hooray!"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Mossy Grotto
CF |
CF | You're standing in a mossy cave carved from the living rock. A wide
CF | exit leads back out into the sun-dappled forest to the north. The
CF | floor and walls are solid rock, covered with lichens and fungi. It's
CF | quite peaceful here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay, we get multiple undos."
DavidW says, "This is TADS."
DavidW says, "Multiple UNDOs are standard in TADS games."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring, a sword, and a spray can.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Understood."
DavidW says, "I think we're done in this room, peaceful as it is."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "hit lichen with sword"
CF | Attacking the moss doesn't appear productive.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Seems so."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "east"
Knight_Otu asks, "Anyone mind if we go verbose?"
DavidW says, "We might want to .. you read my mind."
DavidW says, "please VERBOSE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "verbose"
CF | Okay, now in WORDY mode.
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | You're walking on a winding path that wends its way through a
CF | particularly thick part of the forest. The trees bend low overhead,
CF | and the sunlight filtering down through the colorful leaves is dim at
CF | best. The path runs north and east. To the south is a mound of
CF | moss-covered rocks and what looks like the entrance to a small grotto
CF | or cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. Leaning up against the shrine is a wooden
CF | oar. The snake is wrapped around it protectively. The only path leads
CF | back to the west.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "okay, I remember this puzzle."
Knight_Otu asks, "Is it a damn foul snake, I wonder?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x snake"
CF | The snake is beautifully marked, an alternating pattern of red, gold,
CF | and black diamonds. Inch-long fangs suggest it's probably poisonous.
CF | Written in tiny letters on its back are the words "Valley Death-Snake
CF | (TM). Hours of killing for the entire family." I guess it's one of
CF | the Valley King's guardians. It's curled around the oar, and I doubt
CF | it would let go.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "It's a snake. It's not foul."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x oar"
CF | The snake is wrapped around it protectively.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x shrine"
CF | It's a shrine dedicated to some long-forgotten prophet - Duhdha by
CF | name. No one's worshipped here for years. The shrine's a simple,
CF | modest granite pillar. You don't really know its significance - you're
CF | a warrior, not a priest. Tangled vines hang over the shrine, and weeds
CF | have sprung up around the bottom of the pillar. [4]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 4"
CF | [4]: In the VK2 era, Duhdism is on the decline in the Valley. By VK3
CF | (the time of UU1), Duhdism again will be the religion of Tode.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf1"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "shake can"
CF | You shake the can vigorously. Suddenly, the can starts to hiss
CF | ominously - and then, without warning, it explodes, sending metal
CF | shards flying everywhere. Amazingly, you are unharmed - but the can
CF | has disintegrated!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. Leaning up against the shrine is a wooden
CF | oar. The snake is wrapped around it protectively. The only path leads
CF | back to the west.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Let's not destroy that just yet."
DavidW says, "If I recall this puzzle correctly, we can solve it with what we have."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "spray snake"
CF | What do you want to spray it with?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "repellant"
CF | You point the can at the monster and fire. A cloud of sickly green
CF | mist surrounds the snake, but the creature seems completely unaffected.
CF | In fact, it takes a deep breath - I think it actually likes the stuff!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. Leaning up against the shrine is a wooden
CF | oar. The snake is wrapped around it protectively. The only path leads
CF | back to the west.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Not a damn foul snake."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "spray me with repellant"
CF | COUGH! I wouldn't do that again; that stuff is poisonous.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. Leaning up against the shrine is a wooden
CF | oar. The snake is wrapped around it protectively. The only path leads
CF | back to the west.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Just in case."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x fangs"
CF | I don't know the word "fangs".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "throw repellant at snake"
CF | You miss.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get repellant"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | You grab for the oar. The snake eyes you suspiciously, but doesn't
CF | lash out. For a moment, you think you're going to get away with it -
CF | and then, a few coils loop around your hand. You cry out as your wrist
CF | snaps, crushed in the tightening grasp of the snake. You pass out, and
CF | the snake feeds -
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 27 turns, you have achieved a score of 0 points out of a
CF | possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're totally unnkul.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. Leaning up against the shrine is a wooden
CF | oar. The snake is wrapped around it protectively. The only path leads
CF | back to the west.
CF |
CF | > MoyTW asks, "Can we, like, fight the snake and see if that kills us?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x canopy"
CF | I don't know the word "canopy".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "attack snake"
CF | What do you want to attack it with?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sword"
CF | Butchering the King's pet snake would get you in trouble. Better try
CF | something else.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "You might want to re-examine the snake and our non-can possessions."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x seal"
CF | The bronze ring is set with the seal of His Magnimosity, the Valley
CF | King. It will provide good passage through the Forest of Radeekal, and
CF | it probably carries some weight even in other lands.
CF |
CF | > MoyTW says, "Oh it's the King's."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show seal to snake"
CF | The snake regards the ring silently. It seems a bit puzzled. I think
CF | it recognizes the King's seal, but it doesn't understand why you're
CF | showing the ring to it.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | You grab for the oar. The snake eyes you suspiciously, but doesn't
CF | lash out. For a moment, you think you're going to get away with it -
CF | and then, a few coils loop around your hand. You cry out as your wrist
CF | snaps, crushed in the tightening grasp of the snake. You pass out, and
CF | the snake feeds -
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 30 turns, you have achieved a score of 0 points out of a
CF | possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're totally unnkul.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. Leaning up against the shrine is a wooden
CF | oar. The snake is wrapped around it protectively. The only path leads
CF | back to the west.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask snake for oar"
CF | I don't know the word "for".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "snake, give oar to me"
CF | You have lost your mind.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Try wearing the ring, then showing it."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear ring"
CF | Okay, you're now wearing the bronze ring.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show ring to snake"
CF | The snake regards the ring silently. It seems a bit puzzled. I think
CF | it recognizes the King's seal, but it doesn't understand why you're
CF | showing the ring to it.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "okay, take the oar."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "take oar"
CF | As you reach for the oar, the snake spots the ring on your finger.
CF | Since it's a loyal servant of the Valley King, it lets you have the
CF | paddle - though it still eyes you balefully.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu exclaims, "Okay, point!"
MoyTW exclaims, "Hooray!"
Knight_Otu says, "Really should have realized we weren't wearing the ring."
Knight_Otu says, "I guess we're done in this corner of the map."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "l"
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. The only path leads back to the west.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Yes, I think so."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | You're walking on a winding path that wends its way through a
CF | particularly thick part of the forest. The trees bend low overhead,
CF | and the sunlight filtering down through the colorful leaves is dim at
CF | best. The path runs north and east. To the south is a mound of
CF | moss-covered rocks and what looks like the entrance to a small grotto
CF | or cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Peaceful Glade
CF |
CF | You are standing in a peaceful glade in the Forest of Radeekal. The
CF | fall colors are glorious this time of year; the trees are ablaze with
CF | red, orange, and yellow.
CF |
CF | Through the trees, you catch glimpses of cheerful woodland
CF | creatures, frolicking and gathering nuts and berries for the coming
CF | winter. If only you could stay here forever - but there's much to be
CF | done. Set in the forest floor is the iron grate leading back down to
CF | the realm of the Valley King. It's closed and locked. [2] A
CF | well-traveled path leads southwest, and a narrower track, nearly
CF | overgrown, leads due south.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "An oar suggests a raft or canoe in our future."
Knight_Otu says, "So it does."
Knight_Otu says, "But who knows. It wouldn't be the first object to be put to a totally different use."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh sure. Maybe we'll take a pizza out of a hot oven with it."
MoyTW says, "Are all of the names in the game going to be like this? I mean, probably."
MoyTW says, "They are aren't they."
Knight_Otu says, "Oh. Lake Drown-Here."
DavidW says, "yup"
Knight_Otu says, "Didn't even notice that one."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x hut"
CF | The retreat is a rickety hut made from mud and bits of wood and
CF | thatch. For the life of you, you can't imagine why the Valley King
CF | would leave his comfortable underground tunnels for this dump. You've
CF | never been allowed inside before - but His Pomposity *did* say you had
CF | the run of the kingdom -
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "Now can we actually, or will the Valley King smite us from afar?"
MoyTW asks, "Save and find out?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf2"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Inside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing inside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut, bare of furnishings, even more humble on the inside than on
CF | the out. The only exit is to the north, back out to the forest.
CF | There's a chalkboard against the back wall.
CF |
CF | You see a pair of erasers here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think we're safe."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x chalkboard"
CF | An image of the fair Lady Amanda is drawn on the chalkboard. Written
CF | underneath is the phrase "Kuul or Unnkul?" with several lines
CF | scratched through it. Underneath that is a single word - "Hawt."
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Is that our homework assignment?"
Knight_Otu says, "I'm not sure what to say about that."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x erasers"
CF | They're quite chalky. They could use a good clapping.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "clap them"
CF | pair of erasers: <COUGH!> A huge cloud of chalk dust fills the air.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Instant fog."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x them"
CF | pair of erasers: They're quite chalky. They could use a good
CF | clapping.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get them"
CF | pair of erasers: Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "If we need a smoke bomb."
Knight_Otu exclaims, "Psst!"
Knight_Otu says, "I think we're done in here."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "turn chalkboard"
CF | Turning the chalkboard doesn't have any effect.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I remember another game where clapping erasers made laser lines visible."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here. Its berries are plump and ripe, and they hang from the bush
CF | in bountiful clumps.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x radberries"
CF | Native to the forest of Radeekal, radberries are a delicacy in all of
CF | Unnkulia. There aren't many live bushes left these days, and the few
CF | there are are carefully cultivated. These particular berries are ripe
CF | and quite tasty-looking, hanging in clumps from the bush.
CF |
CF | > MoyTW asks, ""Radberry" bush?"
Knight_Otu says, "They're totally rad, I guess."
MoyTW asks, "...eat them?"
DavidW says, "So radeekal"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get berries"
CF | You reach for the succulent berries, mouth watering. Suddenly, the
CF | Valley Patrol appears, walking toward you from the south. They gasp as
CF | they see you picking berries. "Whadya think yer doin', buddy?" the
CF | burly leader says. "Yer under arrest!" The Patrol surrounds you,
CF | pointing their pikes at your soft, fleshy parts. You protest, claiming
CF | that you're the Valley King's servant - but it's too late for that now.
CF | The guards pummel you into unconsciousness and dump you in the lake.
CF | Mercifully, you drown before the King learns of your incredible
CF | stupidity.
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 49 turns, you have achieved a score of 3 points out of a
CF | possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're completely sad.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here. Its berries are plump and ripe, and they hang from the bush
CF | in bountiful clumps.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Good think they didn't turn up when w were sneaking into the King's retreat."
Knight_Otu says, "*thing"
DavidW says, "The Valley Patrol are so unnkul."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x trees"
CF | The fall colors are coming to the Forest of Radeekal, and the woods are
CF | bathed in shimmering yellows and reds. It's a gorgeous sight, but
CF | warriors such as yourself should remain unmoved by beauty. The trees
CF | are mostly oak and birch, with a few ash and elm thrown in for good
CF | measure, but you can't tell them apart - you're a warrior, not a
CF | botanist. Through the trees, you sometimes catch glimpses of woodland
CF | creatures, too far off to determine just which adorable snugglies - er,
CF | potential dinners - they are.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "climb trees"
CF | There's one especially large oak. Gritting your teeth, you pull
CF | yourself up through its branches and find yourself -
CF |
CF | Up a Tree
CF |
CF | You're seated on the branch of an old oak tree. You don't dare
CF | climb any higher; the wind's picking up, and you're afraid of heights
CF | as it is. Below you, the forest floor appears to be quite hard. Your
CF | stomach is feeling a bit queasy, and you're having trouble keeping your
CF | balance. With effort, you pry your eyelids open and look around you.
CF | To the west, through the branches, you can see the sandy beaches of
CF | Lake Draounheer. To the northeast, you catch a glimpse of what appears
CF | to be a wooden roof. Further along the branch is an unfinished bird's
CF | nest. The only way out of here is (gulp) back down.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lake"
CF | The beaches of Lake Draounheer look quite inviting. The waters are
CF | sparkling and crystal-clear.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Nest!"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x roof"
CF | I don't see any roof here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x nest"
CF | The bird's nest is unfinished, but what's been done so far has been
CF | done with loving care. It'll make a fine home for some feathered beast
CF | when complete. There's nothing in the bird's nest. A sudden attack of
CF | vertigo grabs your guts, and you plummet to the ground. Thankfully,
CF | you land on your head, so your death is quick and relatively painless.
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 53 turns, you have achieved a score of 3 points out of a
CF | possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're completely sad.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Knight_Otu says, "Oops."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Up a Tree
CF |
CF | You're seated on the branch of an old oak tree. You don't dare
CF | climb any higher; the wind's picking up, and you're afraid of heights
CF | as it is. Below you, the forest floor appears to be quite hard. Your
CF | stomach is feeling a bit queasy, and you're having trouble keeping your
CF | balance. With effort, you pry your eyelids open and look around you.
CF | To the west, through the branches, you can see the sandy beaches of
CF | Lake Draounheer. To the northeast, you catch a glimpse of what appears
CF | to be a wooden roof. Further along the branch is an unfinished bird's
CF | nest. The only way out of here is (gulp) back down.
CF |
CF | > MoyTW says, "I mean, it kills you a lot but at least undo is quick and easy."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x beaches"
CF | The beaches of Lake Draounheer look quite inviting. The waters are
CF | sparkling and crystal-clear. A sudden attack of vertigo grabs your
CF | guts, and you plummet to the ground. Thankfully, you land on your
CF | head, so your death is quick and relatively painless.
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 53 turns, you have achieved a score of 3 points out of a
CF | possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're completely sad.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Up a Tree
CF |
CF | You're seated on the branch of an old oak tree. You don't dare
CF | climb any higher; the wind's picking up, and you're afraid of heights
CF | as it is. Below you, the forest floor appears to be quite hard. Your
CF | stomach is feeling a bit queasy, and you're having trouble keeping your
CF | balance. With effort, you pry your eyelids open and look around you.
CF | To the west, through the branches, you can see the sandy beaches of
CF | Lake Draounheer. To the northeast, you catch a glimpse of what appears
CF | to be a wooden roof. Further along the branch is an unfinished bird's
CF | nest. The only way out of here is (gulp) back down.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Time limit I guess."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "d"
CF | You scramble down the tree and find yourself on the -
CF |
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here. Its berries are plump and ripe, and they hang from the bush
CF | in bountiful clumps.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "So it seems we can go NE or west from here, and west from the room to the south."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x tracks"
CF | I don't know the word "tracks".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "listen"
CF | You hear nothing.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Outside the Inn
CF |
CF | You're just outside a quaint wooden building nestled deep in the
CF | forest. The road runs north and southwest here - the forest is much
CF | too thick to travel in any other direction. The inn door stands open
CF | to the east. Sunshine glints from freshly-scrubbed window panes. A
CF | sign hangs above the door, waving gently in the breeze.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Is this the inn mentioned on the can?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x sign"
CF | The sign portrays a winged yellow serpent, coiled on a green field.
CF | Ornate lettering underneath reads "The Golden Dragon Inn."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x can"
CF | Tiny lettering on the side of the can reads:
CF |
CF | "Acme Dam Phowl Snayk Rheepehlant. Guaranteed results! Shake
CF | before using. To use, spray target with repellant. In case of failure,
CF | send proof of purchase to ACME Inc., c/o The Golden Dragon Inn,
CF | Radeekal Forest, Unnkulia."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "ok, that's a yes."
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says, "But I don''t think we have a proof of purchase, considering."
DavidW says, "The can alone might be enough."
DavidW says, "But you might be right. Maybe we need a receipt as well. I dunno."
Knight_Otu says, ""Clearly you found it abandoned in somecave you rascal. Probably didn't even try it out!""
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | A wine bottle and a soft pretzel are sitting on the bar.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x salesman"
CF | The salesman is dressed in a mauve jacket, orange shirt, purple tie,
CF | and green pants. He's drinking a beer and muttering to himself. He
CF | looks quite depressed.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show can to salesman"
CF | The salesman turns white. "You're not returning it, are you?" He
CF | grabs the can, points the nozzle at his face, and sprays. "*Cough!*
CF | Seems to work okay. Surely you don't - " He breaks off, seeing the
CF | look on your face. "You do, don't you? You want your money back."
CF | Suddenly, the salesman's face lights up. "Ah! But I can't give you
CF | your money without a receipt! Do you have one?"
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "ack, you're right."
MoyTW says, "Unfortunate."
Knight_Otu says, "Darn."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, an oar, and a pair of
CF | erasers.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | A wine bottle and a soft pretzel are sitting on the bar.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | A wine bottle and a soft pretzel are sitting on the bar.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I wonder if he's depressed because he lost his yellow polka-dotted hat."
Knight_Otu says, "Let's keep the can for now."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 5"
CF | [5]: For more about this clown, see "Unnkulia One-Half: The Salesman
CF | Triumphant" (freeware!)
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bottle"
CF | It's Valley Bordeaux 569 - a very good year. It's unopened; the cork's
CF | still fitted into the neck.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x pretzel"
CF | It's one of those big, soft pretzels the Golden Dragon is so famous
CF | for. They're really tasty, and they last practically forever. It
CF | would be a meal in itself.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bar"
CF | The bar is made from mahogany, and is clean and polished. On the bar
CF | you see a wine bottle and a soft pretzel.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf3"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get all"
CF | wine bottle: Taken.
CF | soft pretzel: Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "An everlasting pretzel would be great to have."
MoyTW says, "Now I'm paranoid that there's a hunger clock."
Knight_Otu says, "As long as one doesn't choke on it."
DavidW says, "Well, maybe we can always nibble on this pretzel now instead."
Knight_Otu says, "I'm more paranoid that we weren't stopped in any way or form from taking the things. I half-expected the barkeep to turn up there."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x tables"
CF | I don't know the word "tables".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about acme"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "We should ask the man about Amanda."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about barkeep"
CF | I don't know the word "barkeep".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about amanda"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about salesman"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about bar"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about repellant"
CF | The salesman's face twists into a half-hearted grin. "Uh, yeah. One
CF | of our best products."
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "show ring to salesman"
CF | The ACME salesman ignores your offer. "Go away," he mutters.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Oh, he does know about something."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about king"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about products"
CF | I don't know the word "products".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "l"
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think he needs to get un-depressed before he'll be talkative."
Knight_Otu says, "Maybe."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "look behind bar"
CF | You find a valmid, which you take.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Huh."
DavidW says, "oh! If he makes a sale..."
Knight_Otu says, "I didn't actually expect to find something."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show valmid to salesman"
CF | The ACME salesman ignores your offer. "Go away," he mutters.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "buy"
CF | I don't know the word "buy".
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "hm. okay, make not?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give valmid to salesman"
CF | The ACME salesman ignores your offer. "Go away," he mutters.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "x valmid"
CF | The bronze coin is a valmid, an image of the current monarch on one
CF | side and the Hall of the Valley King on the other. It's quite solid
CF | currency, good for trade in Unnkulia and beyond.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "talk to salesman"
CF | I don't know the word "talk".
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "There's a doorway northeast?"
Knight_Otu says, "There is."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Inn, Back Room
CF |
CF | The back room of the inn is bare of furnishings; not even a simple
CF | bucket is to be found. The floor creaks underfoot, and the innkeeper
CF | is nowhere to be seen. The only exit is southwest, back to the main
CF | room of the inn.
CF |
CF | You see a small leather pouch here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x floor"
CF | A few of the boards are loose. You might be able to pull them.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "pull boards"
CF | The floorboards were indeed loose; you pull a few of them up, revealing
CF | a dark hole below the inn! Suddenly, with an explosion of light and
CF | sound, a scruffy-looking bearded man appears. He's quite short, wears
CF | rumpled clothing and a Baltimore Skipjacks cap. and is carrying a
CF | criminal law casebook. "Hey!" he shouts, waggling a finger at you and
CF | replacing the boards. "Cut that out! That underworld's reserved for
CF | people playing 'Unnkulia One-Half!' Go find your own!" With another
CF | loud explosion, the strange little man vanishes.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu blinks.
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x pouch"
CF | There's nothing in the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get it"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Might be our carry-all."
Knight_Otu says, "Could be."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf4"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put sword in pouch"
CF | You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Not Anchorhead-Trenchcoat size, at least."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Maybe we can fill it with gold."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put valmid in pouch"
CF | Done.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, a spray can, an oar, a
CF | pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, and a small leather
CF | pouch.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Outside the Inn
CF |
CF | You're just outside a quaint wooden building nestled deep in the
CF | forest. The road runs north and southwest here - the forest is much
CF | too thick to travel in any other direction. The inn door stands open
CF | to the east. Sunshine glints from freshly-scrubbed window panes. A
CF | sign hangs above the door, waving gently in the breeze.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x window"
CF | There's nothing special about the windows.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x door"
CF | I don't see any door here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Walking the Northern Road
CF |
CF | You're walking on the Northern Road that runs between the lands of
CF | the Valley King and the great cities of the North. The trees are
CF | starting to thin out, and the path is clear and well-traveled. Still,
CF | the underbrush to either side is quite thick; I'd stay on the
CF | north-south road if I were you. Through the trees to the south, you
CF | can just make out the Golden Dragon Inn.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x thickets"
CF | I don't know the word "thickets".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x underbrush"
CF | It looks like an ordinary underbrush to me.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "No coins in there? Aw."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x inn"
CF | I don't see any inn here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | You begin the long trek toward the great cities of the north.
CF | Suddenly, Bruce Davis jumps out from behind a tree. "BRAAAAAAGGHHH!"
CF | he shouts. "You can't go this way, stupid! Unnkulian Unventure Four
CF | isn't written yet! In fact, I don't think Nebel's gotten around to
CF | finishing UU3!" He grabs your head and gives you a good noogie.
CF | "Trust me! Amanda's not this way! BRAAAGGHH!" He punches you on the
CF | arm before vanishing back into the woods. [6]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 6"
CF | [6]: Actually, as of this writing (3/92) Unnkulia 3 hasn't been started
CF | yet! Let's all join in for a chorus of "Nebel's A-Playin' Too Much
CF | Klondike and Not Getting Any Work Done!"
CF |
CF | > MoyTW says, "...hmm."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Outside the Inn
CF |
CF | You're just outside a quaint wooden building nestled deep in the
CF | forest. The road runs north and southwest here - the forest is much
CF | too thick to travel in any other direction. The inn door stands open
CF | to the east. Sunshine glints from freshly-scrubbed window panes. A
CF | sign hangs above the door, waving gently in the breeze.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here. Its berries are plump and ripe, and they hang from the bush
CF | in bountiful clumps.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Do stop me if I'm running from room to room too quickly."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job. "Who're you?" one
CF | of them grunts, squinting suspiciously.
CF |
CF | The leader of the Valley Patrol gives you a shove. "What's yer
CF | bidness here, chum?"
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Big as Hell Mountains."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show ring to thugs"
CF | "Oooh!" the Patrol says with one voice. All eyes are fastened on your
CF | ring. "Sorry, chum," the leader says, patting you on the back.
CF | "Didn't know you had the Big Guy's seal. Go on wit' what you wuz
CF | doing."
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol is arguing about which one of them gets the
CF | softest patch of grass for his nap.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x thugs"
CF | The Valley Patrol is made up of thugs who couldn't cut it as Valley
CF | Warriors. The King lets them patrol the forest, and hopes they won't
CF | do too much harm. They're quite stupid-looking (even more so than you)
CF | and you're almost certain that their foreheads slope a bit more than
CF | normal. They're dressed in the green-and-white livery of His
CF | Holymutha, the Valley King, and wielding nasty-looking pikes. The
CF | leader of the Valley Patrol waves at you. "Hiya!" he says, grinning.
CF | He's missing some - well, actually, *all* of his front teeth.
CF |
CF | "Well, we'd better be moving along," the Valley Patrol leader says.
CF | He yawns and stretches. "Only twenty more minutes on this break,
CF | fellas."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x mountains"
CF | I don't see any mountains here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 7"
CF | [7]: You've had this fear of heights since you were a child, and spent
CF | most of your life fighting it. The Demons of Unnkul are nothing
CF | compared to the demons in your soul.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | A sudden attack of vertigo makes you dizzy. Your stomach churns and
CF | your legs wobble. Spots roll in front of your eyes and you pitch
CF | forward, over the cliff. Thankfully, the water below breaks your fall.
CF | Sadly, you don't know how to swim (glug, glug).
CF |
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 97 turns, you have achieved a score of 5 points out of a
CF | possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're completely sad.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Knight_Otu says, "Right, the vertigo."
DavidW says, "yup"
Knight_Otu says, "Though I must protest the checking of notes taking time."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Scenic View
CF |
CF | You're standing on the highest plateau on this side of the lake.
CF | Below, to the south, the forest stretches out, a vast expanse of
CF | impenetrable green foliage. To the southwest and west, you can see the
CF | waters of Lake Draounheer, sparkling in the bright sunshine, while
CF | across the lake are the snow-capped peaks of the Beegas'hell mountains.
CF | North of the lake is the vast unknown reaches of the Damsogee Swamp,
CF | unexplored by mortal man and said to be home to ferocious beasts and
CF | fearsome monsters. To the north stands a newly-built lighthouse, the
CF | latest public work ordered by the Valley King, its stone walls
CF | impressive and firm. The entrance to the lighthouse stands open to the
CF | north. The only other safe path down from the plateau leads back
CF | toward the cliff to the southwest.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Damnsoggy Swamp"
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lighthouse"
CF | The lighthouse is a masterpiece of Valley engineering. It's quite
CF | magnificent. [8]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 8"
CF | [8]: It's also a crumbling ruin by the time of "Unnkulian Underworld."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x swamp"
CF | Yep, it's a heckuva view all right. Maybe you can get there someday.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lake"
CF | Yep, it's a heckuva view all right. Maybe you can get there someday.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Lighthouse Bottom
CF |
CF | You're standing on the bottom floor of the newly-constructed
CF | lighthouse of the Valley King. Not being one to waste building-space,
CF | His Grandiosity has turned this lower floor into the mint for valmids,
CF | the coin of the realm. A huge coin press occupies the center of the
CF | room. Since the workers work at night, minding both the press and the
CF | lighthouse, there's no one here right now. A stone staircase leads up,
CF | winding around the outside of the lighthouse to the top floor. The
CF | only other exit is south, back out of the lighthouse.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x press"
CF | The coin press consists of a lever, a stamp, and a rectangular
CF | depression. The press is shiny and new.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Oh, so we can squash metal into coins?"
DavidW says, "Probably not all metals."
Knight_Otu says, "Possibly."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x stamp"
CF | The stamp is suspended above the depression, attached to the lever.
CF | It's printed with the image of His Stupendosity, the Valley King.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x depression"
CF | The rectangular depression is about three feet by two feet. There's
CF | nothing in the depression.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lever"
CF | The lever appears to be locked in the up position. There's a keyhole
CF | near the bottom of the lever. Without the appropriate key, I don't
CF | think you're going to be able to pull it down.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Need a key to mint our coins."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x staircase"
CF | I don't see any staircase here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "The Key of Ka-Ching!"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "u"
CF | Lighthouse Top
CF |
CF | You're standing on the top floor of the lighthouse. A brisk fall
CF | breeze whips up from below, chilling you to the bone. From here,
CF | there's quite a view. Southward, the forest stretches out before you,
CF | a bright blaze of colors. Across the lake, to the west, are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains. To the north and west, you can just
CF | make out the mist-covered Damsogee Swamp, a sinister, uncharted land.
CF | The lighthouse lamp sits in the center of the round floor, on top of a
CF | brick base. It's currently off. The only exit is back down.
CF |
CF | You see a spade and a trowel here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "A spade! A trowel! I can dig it."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get all"
CF | spade: Taken.
CF | trowel: Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "d"
CF | Lighthouse Bottom
CF |
CF | You're standing on the bottom floor of the newly-constructed
CF | lighthouse of the Valley King. Not being one to waste building-space,
CF | His Grandiosity has turned this lower floor into the mint for valmids,
CF | the coin of the realm. A huge coin press occupies the center of the
CF | room. Since the workers work at night, minding both the press and the
CF | lighthouse, there's no one here right now. A stone staircase leads up,
CF | winding around the outside of the lighthouse to the top floor. The
CF | only other exit is south, back out of the lighthouse.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Just in case we get vertigo up there."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x spade"
CF | It's a short-handled iron spade, handy for digging.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x trowel"
CF | One of the workmen must have left it behind.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Scenic View
CF |
CF | You're standing on the highest plateau on this side of the lake.
CF | Below, to the south, the forest stretches out, a vast expanse of
CF | impenetrable green foliage. To the southwest and west, you can see the
CF | waters of Lake Draounheer, sparkling in the bright sunshine, while
CF | across the lake are the snow-capped peaks of the Beegas'hell mountains.
CF | North of the lake is the vast unknown reaches of the Damsogee Swamp,
CF | unexplored by mortal man and said to be home to ferocious beasts and
CF | fearsome monsters. To the north stands a newly-built lighthouse, the
CF | latest public work ordered by the Valley King, its stone walls
CF | impressive and firm. The entrance to the lighthouse stands open to the
CF | north. The only other safe path down from the plateau leads back
CF | toward the cliff to the southwest.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF |
CF | Standing so close to the clifftop makes you dizzy. I wouldn't stay
CF | here too long if I were you. [7]
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol leader grins at you. He's missing at least four
CF | front teeth. "Hiya, chum."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here. Its berries are plump and ripe, and they hang from the bush
CF | in bountiful clumps.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf5"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get berries"
CF | You pluck the berries from the bush. Soon, the bush is stripped clean,
CF | and you've got a nice little handful of berries. I wouldn't let the
CF | King catch you with them if I were you -
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Put them in the bag?"
Knight_Otu says, "Well, isn't that rad."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put berries in pouch"
CF | You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol marches up from the south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF |
CF | Standing so close to the clifftop makes you dizzy. I wouldn't stay
CF | here too long if I were you. [7]
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol walks up from the east.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol ambles down from the north.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x patrol"
CF | The Valley Patrol is made up of thugs who couldn't cut it as Valley
CF | Warriors. The King lets them patrol the forest, and hopes they won't
CF | do too much harm. They're quite stupid-looking (even more so than you)
CF | and you're almost certain that their foreheads slope a bit more than
CF | normal. They're dressed in the green-and-white livery of His
CF | Holymutha, the Valley King, and wielding nasty-looking pikes. The
CF | leader of the Valley Patrol waves at you. "Hiya!" he says, grinning.
CF | He's missing some - well, actually, *all* of his front teeth.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay. I was afraid they'd gang up on us for berry theft."
DavidW asks, "Did you ask these guys about Amanda or the salesman?"
Knight_Otu says, "actually, no."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask patrol about amanda"
CF | The patrol collectively shrugs. "Sorry. We're just a buncha grunts.
CF | We don't know nuthin' about that."
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask patrol about salesman"
CF | The patrol collectively shrugs. "Sorry. We're just a buncha grunts.
CF | We don't know nuthin' about that."
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask patrol about patrol"
CF | The patrol collectively shrugs. "Sorry. We're just a buncha grunts.
CF | We don't know nuthin' about that."
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh well"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask patrol about inn"
CF | The patrol collectively shrugs. "Sorry. We're just a buncha grunts.
CF | We don't know nuthin' about that."
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask patrol about berries"
CF | The patrol collectively shrugs. "Sorry. We're just a buncha grunts.
CF | We don't know nuthin' about that."
CF |
CF | The patrol leader tells a particularly foul joke about the Acme
CF | salesman and the King's Droll.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask patrol about king"
CF | "The King? He's swell. As well you know."
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol leader grins at you. He's missing at least four
CF | front teeth. "Hiya, chum."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask patrol about retreat"
CF | The patrol collectively shrugs. "Sorry. We're just a buncha grunts.
CF | We don't know nuthin' about that."
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol is arguing about which one of them gets the
CF | softest patch of grass for his nap.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Well, not very talkative fellows."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "l"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "belch"
CF | I don't know the word "belch".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x boat"
CF | The rowboat is small but looks quite sturdy. The only thing wrong with
CF | it is a small round hole in the bottom.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x hole"
CF | There's nothing special about the hole.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Wine bottle has a cork."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x valmid"
CF | The bronze coin is a valmid, an image of the current monarch on one
CF | side and the Hall of the Valley King on the other. It's quite solid
CF | currency, good for trade in Unnkulia and beyond.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bottle"
CF | It's Valley Bordeaux 569 - a very good year. It's unopened; the cork's
CF | still fitted into the neck.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open bottle"
CF | You need a corkscrew.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, a spray can, an oar, a
CF | pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch,
CF | a spade, a trowel, and a handful of radberries.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol ambles down from the north.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol marches up from the west.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol marches up from the south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Outside the Inn
CF |
CF | You're just outside a quaint wooden building nestled deep in the
CF | forest. The road runs north and southwest here - the forest is much
CF | too thick to travel in any other direction. The inn door stands open
CF | to the east. Sunshine glints from freshly-scrubbed window panes. A
CF | sign hangs above the door, waving gently in the breeze.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about bottle"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about corkscrew"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "drat"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about pretzel"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm. I have some suspi... hang on."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give bottle to salesman"
CF | The ACME salesman ignores your offer. "Go away," he mutters.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Darn."
MoyTW says, "I think the folks around these parts just aren't very conversational."
DavidW asks, "You think maybe the Patrol or the snake can open the bottle?"
Knight_Otu says, "I was about to say that the patrol probably doesn't have a corkscrew, but maybe."
DavidW says, "Or do we just smash the bottle and take the cork."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Outside the Inn
CF |
CF | You're just outside a quaint wooden building nestled deep in the
CF | forest. The road runs north and southwest here - the forest is much
CF | too thick to travel in any other direction. The inn door stands open
CF | to the east. Sunshine glints from freshly-scrubbed window panes. A
CF | sign hangs above the door, waving gently in the breeze.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol marches up from the south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give bottle to patrol"
CF | "Hmph," the leader snorts. "Got no use fer that. Whatchoo tryin' to
CF | do, bribe the Patrol?"
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Peaceful Glade
CF |
CF | You are standing in a peaceful glade in the Forest of Radeekal. The
CF | fall colors are glorious this time of year; the trees are ablaze with
CF | red, orange, and yellow.
CF |
CF | Through the trees, you catch glimpses of cheerful woodland
CF | creatures, frolicking and gathering nuts and berries for the coming
CF | winter. If only you could stay here forever - but there's much to be
CF | done. Set in the forest floor is the iron grate leading back down to
CF | the realm of the Valley King. It's closed and locked. [2] A
CF | well-traveled path leads southwest, and a narrower track, nearly
CF | overgrown, leads due south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | You're walking on a winding path that wends its way through a
CF | particularly thick part of the forest. The trees bend low overhead,
CF | and the sunlight filtering down through the colorful leaves is dim at
CF | best. The path runs north and east. To the south is a mound of
CF | moss-covered rocks and what looks like the entrance to a small grotto
CF | or cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. The only path leads back to the west.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give bottle to snake"
CF | The snake isn't especially interested.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "break bottle"
CF | You break the bottle over your knee. It shatters into a million
CF | pieces, the wine running down your leg. The cork lands on the ground
CF | near your feet. Suddenly, a little pixie appears and snatches the
CF | cork! "I won't let you solve this game by being so destructive," she
CF | scolds in a tinkling voice. She vanishes in a puff of smoke, taking
CF | the cork with her.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone down. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Oop, no."
MoyTW says, "Well OK then."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. The only path leads back to the west.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "wow"
Knight_Otu says, "Violence sure wasn't the answer to that one."
DavidW asks, "We weren't in the lighthouse top very long. The base of the lamp might've hid something?"
Knight_Otu says, "Maybe."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | You're walking on a winding path that wends its way through a
CF | particularly thick part of the forest. The trees bend low overhead,
CF | and the sunlight filtering down through the colorful leaves is dim at
CF | best. The path runs north and east. To the south is a mound of
CF | moss-covered rocks and what looks like the entrance to a small grotto
CF | or cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Peaceful Glade
CF |
CF | You are standing in a peaceful glade in the Forest of Radeekal. The
CF | fall colors are glorious this time of year; the trees are ablaze with
CF | red, orange, and yellow.
CF |
CF | Through the trees, you catch glimpses of cheerful woodland
CF | creatures, frolicking and gathering nuts and berries for the coming
CF | winter. If only you could stay here forever - but there's much to be
CF | done. Set in the forest floor is the iron grate leading back down to
CF | the realm of the Valley King. It's closed and locked. [2] A
CF | well-traveled path leads southwest, and a narrower track, nearly
CF | overgrown, leads due south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | The patrol leader tells a particularly foul joke about the Acme
CF | salesman and the King's Droll.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol marches up from the south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF |
CF | Standing so close to the clifftop makes you dizzy. I wouldn't stay
CF | here too long if I were you. [7]
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol walks up from the east.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Scenic View
CF |
CF | You're standing on the highest plateau on this side of the lake.
CF | Below, to the south, the forest stretches out, a vast expanse of
CF | impenetrable green foliage. To the southwest and west, you can see the
CF | waters of Lake Draounheer, sparkling in the bright sunshine, while
CF | across the lake are the snow-capped peaks of the Beegas'hell mountains.
CF | North of the lake is the vast unknown reaches of the Damsogee Swamp,
CF | unexplored by mortal man and said to be home to ferocious beasts and
CF | fearsome monsters. To the north stands a newly-built lighthouse, the
CF | latest public work ordered by the Valley King, its stone walls
CF | impressive and firm. The entrance to the lighthouse stands open to the
CF | north. The only other safe path down from the plateau leads back
CF | toward the cliff to the southwest.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Lighthouse Bottom
CF |
CF | You're standing on the bottom floor of the newly-constructed
CF | lighthouse of the Valley King. Not being one to waste building-space,
CF | His Grandiosity has turned this lower floor into the mint for valmids,
CF | the coin of the realm. A huge coin press occupies the center of the
CF | room. Since the workers work at night, minding both the press and the
CF | lighthouse, there's no one here right now. A stone staircase leads up,
CF | winding around the outside of the lighthouse to the top floor. The
CF | only other exit is south, back out of the lighthouse.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "u"
CF | Lighthouse Top
CF |
CF | You're standing on the top floor of the lighthouse. A brisk fall
CF | breeze whips up from below, chilling you to the bone. From here,
CF | there's quite a view. Southward, the forest stretches out before you,
CF | a bright blaze of colors. Across the lake, to the west, are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains. To the north and west, you can just
CF | make out the mist-covered Damsogee Swamp, a sinister, uncharted land.
CF | The lighthouse lamp sits in the center of the round floor, on top of a
CF | brick base. It's currently off. The only exit is back down.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lamp"
CF | It's currently off. It sits on top of a brick base.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x base"
CF | The brick base looks like a recent piece of work; the cement hasn't
CF | quite set yet. One of the bricks is slightly loose. You could
CF | probably take it out.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get brick"
CF | You wiggle the brick around a bit and pull it from the base. A piece
CF | of paper flutters from the hole, landing on the ground. You reach for
CF | it, but just as your fingertips touch it, a huge bird swoops down out
CF | of nowhere, chirping angrily, and snatches the paper from your grasp.
CF | Before you can react, the bird is gone, flying swiftly away from the
CF | lighthouse.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Well,"
DavidW says, "okay, we know where the nest is."
MoyTW says, "Uuuuh, I wonder if it'll be in that nest."
DavidW says, "I wonder if that's a receipt too."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "d"
CF | Lighthouse Bottom
CF |
CF | You're standing on the bottom floor of the newly-constructed
CF | lighthouse of the Valley King. Not being one to waste building-space,
CF | His Grandiosity has turned this lower floor into the mint for valmids,
CF | the coin of the realm. A huge coin press occupies the center of the
CF | room. Since the workers work at night, minding both the press and the
CF | lighthouse, there's no one here right now. A stone staircase leads up,
CF | winding around the outside of the lighthouse to the top floor. The
CF | only other exit is south, back out of the lighthouse.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu exclaims, "Maybe!"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Scenic View
CF |
CF | You're standing on the highest plateau on this side of the lake.
CF | Below, to the south, the forest stretches out, a vast expanse of
CF | impenetrable green foliage. To the southwest and west, you can see the
CF | waters of Lake Draounheer, sparkling in the bright sunshine, while
CF | across the lake are the snow-capped peaks of the Beegas'hell mountains.
CF | North of the lake is the vast unknown reaches of the Damsogee Swamp,
CF | unexplored by mortal man and said to be home to ferocious beasts and
CF | fearsome monsters. To the north stands a newly-built lighthouse, the
CF | latest public work ordered by the Valley King, its stone walls
CF | impressive and firm. The entrance to the lighthouse stands open to the
CF | north. The only other safe path down from the plateau leads back
CF | toward the cliff to the southwest.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF |
CF | Standing so close to the clifftop makes you dizzy. I wouldn't stay
CF | here too long if I were you. [7]
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | The patrol leader tells a particularly foul joke about the Acme
CF | salesman and the King's Droll.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "climb tree"
CF | There's one especially large oak. Gritting your teeth, you pull
CF | yourself up through its branches and find yourself -
CF |
CF | Up a Tree
CF |
CF | You're seated on the branch of an old oak tree. You don't dare
CF | climb any higher; the wind's picking up, and you're afraid of heights
CF | as it is. Below you, the forest floor appears to be quite hard. Your
CF | stomach is feeling a bit queasy, and you're having trouble keeping your
CF | balance. With effort, you pry your eyelids open and look around you.
CF | To the west, through the branches, you can see the sandy beaches of
CF | Lake Draounheer. To the northeast, you catch a glimpse of what appears
CF | to be a wooden roof. Further along the branch is an unfinished bird's
CF | nest. The only way out of here is (gulp) back down.
CF |
CF | The bird's nest seems to contain a piece of paper.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get paper"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | From below, you think you hear gruff voices arguing about something.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Arg."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "d"
CF | You scramble down the tree and find yourself on the -
CF |
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol is arguing about which one of them gets the
CF | softest patch of grass for his nap.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, a spray can, an oar, a
CF | pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch,
CF | a spade, a trowel, a handful of radberries, and a single brick.
CF |
CF | "Well, we'd better be moving along," the Valley Patrol leader says.
CF | He yawns and stretches. "Only twenty more minutes on this break,
CF | fellas."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put erasers in pouch"
CF | You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Maybe drop the brick?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop brick"
CF | (on foot)
CF |
CF | Ouch! You should really try to be more careful!
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Whew."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x brick"
CF | I see nothing especially unusual about the brick.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol appears to be engaged in a belching contest. Ooh,
CF | that last one was a real prize-winner!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "u"
CF | You grab a thick branch on the nearest oak and hoist yourself up.
CF | Soon, you find yourself -
CF |
CF | Up a Tree
CF |
CF | You're seated on the branch of an old oak tree. You don't dare
CF | climb any higher; the wind's picking up, and you're afraid of heights
CF | as it is. Below you, the forest floor appears to be quite hard. Your
CF | stomach is feeling a bit queasy, and you're having trouble keeping your
CF | balance. With effort, you pry your eyelids open and look around you.
CF | To the west, through the branches, you can see the sandy beaches of
CF | Lake Draounheer. To the northeast, you catch a glimpse of what appears
CF | to be a wooden roof. Further along the branch is an unfinished bird's
CF | nest. The only way out of here is (gulp) back down.
CF |
CF | The bird's nest seems to contain a piece of paper.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get paper"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "d"
CF | You scramble down the tree and find yourself on the -
CF |
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | You see a single brick here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x paper"
CF | It appears to be a receipt of some kind. There's writing on it.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol marches up from the south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read it"
CF | "Acme Dam Phoul Snayk Rhepellant - One can: 3 valmids."
CF |
CF | A few members of the Valley Patrol lie down on the ground and start
CF | snoring.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "There we have the receipt."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Outside the Inn
CF |
CF | You're just outside a quaint wooden building nestled deep in the
CF | forest. The road runs north and southwest here - the forest is much
CF | too thick to travel in any other direction. The inn door stands open
CF | to the east. Sunshine glints from freshly-scrubbed window panes. A
CF | sign hangs above the door, waving gently in the breeze.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give can to salesman"
CF | The salesman turns white. "You're not returning it, are you?" He
CF | grabs the can, points the nozzle at his face, and sprays. "*Cough!*
CF | Seems to work okay. Surely you don't - " He breaks off, seeing the
CF | look on your face. "You do, don't you? You want your money back."
CF | Suddenly, the salesman's face lights up. "Ah! But I can't give you
CF | your money without a receipt! Do you have one?"
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give receipt to salesman"
CF | The ACME salesman swallows. "No. I mean - " He swallows again, then
CF | grabs the receipt with a trembling hand. "All right!" he shrieks,
CF | burying his head in his hands. "You win! Here!" He reaches in his
CF | pocket and tosses you a coin, which you catch. "Now go away!"
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x coin"
CF | Which coin do you mean, the bronze coin, or the yellow coin?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bronze"
CF | Which bronze do you mean, the bronze ring, or the bronze coin?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bronze coin"
CF | The bronze coin is a valmid, an image of the current monarch on one
CF | side and the Hall of the Valley King on the other. It's quite solid
CF | currency, good for trade in Unnkulia and beyond.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think he gave the yellow one."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x yellow coin"
CF | The yellow coin is rather soft and pliable, like a sponge. Carved on
CF | one side are the words "Ihn Cheez Oui Truhst - Value 3 acmids." On the
CF | other side are the words "Acme Dam Tastee Cheez Coin - Experimental!
CF | Do not let out of prototype lab!" [10]
CF |
CF | > MoyTW says, "...let's eat it."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 10"
CF | [10]: "I think I do believe in eternal punishment." - Lord Dunsany.
CF | (Thanks to David Librik for pointing out some unintentional plagiarism
CF | from a fine play!)
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf6"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "eat yellow coin"
CF | It tastes rather like motor oil mixed with fermented milk, quite gross.
CF | I suppose everything should be tried once, but I wouldn't eat another
CF | on a bet.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Inside Inn
CF |
CF | You're standing in the main room of the Golden Dragon Inn. The room
CF | is warm and welcoming after the brisk fall breezes, though the place is
CF | mostly deserted. The barkeep is nowhere to be found, and there's no
CF | one seated at the bar. Still, the floor, bar, and tables look clean,
CF | and it's good to get out of the cold. The exit is to the west, and a
CF | narrow passage runs northeast.
CF |
CF | The only customer is a glum little man sitting alone at a table. He
CF | looks like one of those damned Acme salesmen the King's been trying to
CF | throw out of the Valley. [5]
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Just in case."
MoyTW says, "Yeah, we'll probably need it. Also it sounds like it tastes awful."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about coin"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask salesman about cheez"
CF | The salesman shrugs. "I dunno. Get lost, chucko."
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "You know, mister salesman, I have serious doubts that you gave me legal tender."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Outside the Inn
CF |
CF | You're just outside a quaint wooden building nestled deep in the
CF | forest. The road runs north and southwest here - the forest is much
CF | too thick to travel in any other direction. The inn door stands open
CF | to the east. Sunshine glints from freshly-scrubbed window panes. A
CF | sign hangs above the door, waving gently in the breeze.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | You see a single brick here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | The patrol leader tells a particularly foul joke about the Acme
CF | salesman and the King's Droll.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Maybe we can plug the boat hole with the cheez coin?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask leader about salesman"
CF | The patrol collectively shrugs. "Sorry. We're just a buncha grunts.
CF | We don't know nuthin' about that."
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol is arguing about which one of them gets the
CF | softest patch of grass for his nap.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask leader about droll"
CF | I don't know the word "droll".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put cheez in hole"
CF | That won't fit in the hole.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put valmid in hole in hole"
CF | There are words after your command that I couldn't use.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put valmid in hole"
CF | That won't fit in the hole.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put cork in hole"
CF | You can't put the cork anywhere.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put bottle in hole"
CF | That won't fit in the hole.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, an oar, a pair of
CF | erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch, a spade,
CF | a trowel, a handful of radberries, and a yellow coin.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put pretzel in hole"
CF | That won't fit in the hole.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Try giving cheez coin or bottle to Patrol."
Knight_Otu says, "They rejected the bottle before. Maybe the coin, I guess."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF |
CF | Standing so close to the clifftop makes you dizzy. I wouldn't stay
CF | here too long if I were you. [7]
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol walks up from the east.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give cheez to patrol"
CF | "Hmph," the leader snorts. "Got no use fer that. Whatchoo tryin' to
CF | do, bribe the Patrol?"
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol is arguing about which one of them gets the
CF | softest patch of grass for his nap.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Maybe give the radberries to salesman."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give berries to patrol"
CF | "Hmph," the leader snorts. "Got no use fer that. Whatchoo tryin' to
CF | do, bribe the Patrol?"
CF |
CF | "Well, we'd better be moving along," the Valley Patrol leader says.
CF | He yawns and stretches. "Only twenty more minutes on this break,
CF | fellas."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give valmid to patrol"
CF | "Hmph," the leader snorts. "Got no use fer that. Whatchoo tryin' to
CF | do, bribe the Patrol?"
CF |
CF | The patrol leader tells a particularly foul joke about the Acme
CF | salesman and the King's Droll.
CF |
CF | A sudden attack of vertigo makes you dizzy. Your stomach churns and
CF | your legs wobble. Spots roll in front of your eyes and you pitch
CF | forward, over the cliff. Thankfully, the water below breaks your fall.
CF | Sadly, you don't know how to swim (glug, glug).
CF |
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 204 turns, you have achieved a score of 20 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're not doing too badly.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Knight_Otu says, "Damn, forgot the vertigo again."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Forest Path
CF |
CF | You're walking along a well-travelled forest path that winds through
CF | the peaceful woods. Birds chirp and sing above you, and the
CF | temperature is brisk but pleasant. Like many of the children of the
CF | Valley, you played in these woods as a child, scampering through the
CF | woods, looking for animal tracks, and climbing trees. The path bends
CF | here, running south and northeast. The trees also thin out to the
CF | west, and the land slopes up in that direction. There's a radberry
CF | bush here, but it's been picked clean.
CF |
CF | You see a single brick here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "break brick"
CF | You don't need to break the single brick, however satisfying it might
CF | prove to be.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF |
CF | Standing so close to the clifftop makes you dizzy. I wouldn't stay
CF | here too long if I were you. [7]
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "if i"
CF | I don't know the word "if".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, an oar, a pair of
CF | erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch, a spade,
CF | a trowel, a handful of radberries, and a yellow coin.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol walks up from the east.
CF |
CF | A sudden attack of vertigo makes you dizzy. Your stomach churns and
CF | your legs wobble. Spots roll in front of your eyes and you pitch
CF | forward, over the cliff. Thankfully, the water below breaks your fall.
CF | Sadly, you don't know how to swim (glug, glug).
CF |
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 207 turns, you have achieved a score of 20 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're not doing too badly.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Cliff Top
CF |
CF | You're standing at the top of a rocky cliff, overlooking Lake
CF | Draounheer to the west. It's rather frightening, for you suffer from
CF | extreme vertigo - in fact, you're feeling a little shaky. [7] To the
CF | east, a path runs downhill back into the forest, and another path
CF | leading south slopes down to the lake. You could follow the cliff
CF | northeast as well; the land slopes up in that direction, but at least
CF | it's further away from the edge of the cliff. Across the lake are the
CF | sinister Beegas'hell Mountains, the heart of the Unnkulian menace that
CF | no doubt your liege shall soon deal with.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x boat"
CF | The rowboat is small but looks quite sturdy. The only thing wrong with
CF | it is a small round hole in the bottom.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x hole"
CF | There's nothing special about the hole.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "It might be nice to know how small."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "plug hole"
CF | What do you want to plug it in?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "valmid"
CF | You can't plug the small round hole into anything.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "plug valmid in hole"
CF | You can't plug the bronze coin into anything.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "plug cheez in hole"
CF | You can't plug the yellow coin into anything.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "plug pretzel in hole"
CF | You can't plug the soft pretzel into anything.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
DavidW says, "I'm getting really tired. I'm gonna have to bail soon."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf7"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "eat pretzel"
CF | That was delicious!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, an oar, a pair of
CF | erasers, a wine bottle, a small leather pouch, a spade, a trowel, a
CF | handful of radberries, and a yellow coin.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "Shall we stop here for today?"
MoyTW says, "I'm fine with that."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "save"
CF | File to save game in > DavidW says, "I wonder what we missed."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cfuz1"
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Logically, the corkscrew ought to be in the inn somewhere."
Knight_Otu says, "I'll try to reread my transcript. Maybe something will jump out at me."
Knight_Otu says, "(Not literally I hope.)"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 9"
CF | [9]: If you're trying to visualize the terrain, "Unnkulian Unventure
CF | II" takes place to the south of here - of course, the events of that
CF | game occur quite a few years in the future. And it should be obvious
CF | that the forest, retreat, inn, and iron grate were all in "Unnkulian
CF | Underworld." (See the map in the documentation booklet.)
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x rock"
CF | You have a feeling you've been to Dawg Rock before, perhaps in a
CF | previous (or future?) life.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh. My notes point out we never tried to dig anywhere."
Knight_Otu says, "We didn't, that's true."
Knight_Otu says, "I don't recall a good spot. Maybe on my reread I'll spot it."
MoyTW says, "That was fun, thanks, even though it's kind of reminding me why I never play parser games."
DavidW says, "I'm going to go lie down now. Thanks for the game."
Knight_Otu exclaims, "Good night, and stay safe, everyone!"
*** SESSION TWO ***
Knight_Otu says, "I think we stopped at the Lakeside, searching for some ground to dig up."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "l"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "We should dig in a few places, I think."
DavidW says, "Sandy beach, that's a diggable place, I bet."
DavidW says, "Sand or mud."
Jacqueline says, "I was in Zork..."
Knight_Otu says, "Possibly. I did a reread and the only place mentioning soft ground was the shrine, but we can dig whereever we want."
Jacqueline says, "It was diggable in Zork is what I meant, though yes, I was also in Zork once."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig"
CF | What do you want to dig in?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sand"
CF | What do you want to dig in it with?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "shovel"
CF | You dig a hole in the sand. It's hot work, but you keep with it.
CF | After a while, your spade strikes something metal. You reach in the
CF | hole and pull it out - it's a corkscrew.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Oh, and we need a corkscrew to get the cork to plug the boat's hole with."
DavidW says, "oh hey, good timing!"
Knight_Otu says, "Well, there it is."
Jacqueline says, "Voila"
Knight_Otu says, "I'd still like to dig in the shrine though."
DavidW says, "I have no idea why the corkscrew is here and not at the inn."
DavidW says, "sure."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Peaceful Glade
CF |
CF | You are standing in a peaceful glade in the Forest of Radeekal. The
CF | fall colors are glorious this time of year; the trees are ablaze with
CF | red, orange, and yellow.
CF |
CF | Through the trees, you catch glimpses of cheerful woodland
CF | creatures, frolicking and gathering nuts and berries for the coming
CF | winter. If only you could stay here forever - but there's much to be
CF | done. Set in the forest floor is the iron grate leading back down to
CF | the realm of the Valley King. It's closed and locked. [2] A
CF | well-traveled path leads southwest, and a narrower track, nearly
CF | overgrown, leads due south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | You're walking on a winding path that wends its way through a
CF | particularly thick part of the forest. The trees bend low overhead,
CF | and the sunlight filtering down through the colorful leaves is dim at
CF | best. The path runs north and east. To the south is a mound of
CF | moss-covered rocks and what looks like the entrance to a small grotto
CF | or cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Forgotten Shrine
CF |
CF | The path ends in a small, dark clearing. The tree branches hang
CF | overhead, the thick canopy of leaves blocking almost all the light.
CF | The ground here is muddy and soft; your feet sink in a few inches. A
CF | granite shrine stands in the very center of the clearing. Curled
CF | around the base of the shrine is a large spotted snake, a huge monster
CF | at least twelve feet long. The only path leads back to the west.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig mud with shovel"
CF | You turn up a few shovelfuls of the soft earth. Near the shrine,
CF | half-buried in the mud, you uncover a small jade figurine! You pick it
CF | up and pocket it.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Oh."
DavidW |ground here is muddy and soft
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x figurine"
CF | The jade figurine depicts a smiling, pot-bellied Duhdha. The few
CF | remaining Duhdhists in the Valley carry these around, rubbing them for
CF | good luck. Such foolish nonsense is, of course, beneath a Valley
CF | Warrior. [11] The figurine is encrusted with dirt, and quite filthy.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x corkscrew"
CF | The corkscrew is quite ornate, with a mahogany handle. Printed in gold
CF | lettering on the handle are the letters "VK."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "hm. We should wash that."
DavidW says, "The figurine, I mean."
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah, maybe we should."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 10"
CF | [10]: "I think I do believe in eternal punishment." - Lord Dunsany.
CF | (Thanks to David Librik for pointing out some unintentional plagiarism
CF | from a fine play!)
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 11"
CF | [11]: This is essentially the same type of figurine that was created at
CF | the end of "Unnkulian Unventure I."
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Water will be back near the boat, yes?"
Knight_Otu says, "Presumably anywhere in the lake."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Winding Path
CF |
CF | You're walking on a winding path that wends its way through a
CF | particularly thick part of the forest. The trees bend low overhead,
CF | and the sunlight filtering down through the colorful leaves is dim at
CF | best. The path runs north and east. To the south is a mound of
CF | moss-covered rocks and what looks like the entrance to a small grotto
CF | or cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Peaceful Glade
CF |
CF | You are standing in a peaceful glade in the Forest of Radeekal. The
CF | fall colors are glorious this time of year; the trees are ablaze with
CF | red, orange, and yellow.
CF |
CF | Through the trees, you catch glimpses of cheerful woodland
CF | creatures, frolicking and gathering nuts and berries for the coming
CF | winter. If only you could stay here forever - but there's much to be
CF | done. Set in the forest floor is the iron grate leading back down to
CF | the realm of the Valley King. It's closed and locked. [2] A
CF | well-traveled path leads southwest, and a narrower track, nearly
CF | overgrown, leads due south.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Outside Retreat
CF |
CF | You're standing outside the Valley King's forest retreat. It's a
CF | simple hut where His Regalness sheds the trappings of modern
CF | civilization and gets back to nature. You don't entirely understand
CF | his thinking; you're a warrior, not a philosopher. But he is, after
CF | all, the king. Paths wind through the woods to the north, west, and
CF | northeast. The hut is to the south. Through the trees to the west,
CF | you can see sunlight glinting off the waters of Lake Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol ambles down from the north.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wash figurine"
CF | I don't know the word "wash".
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh yeah, we need to be on the lookout for keys for that locked grate, I guess."
DavidW says, "clean"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "clean figurine"
CF | You carefully clean the crusted dirt from the figurine. It looks much
CF | cleaner now - you can see Duhdha's belly button. He appears to be an
CF | outie.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "PUSH it"
DavidW says, "or press"
Knight_Otu asks, "I think the grrate was where we came in from the Valley King?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push belly button"
CF | You poke the figurine of Duhdha in the stomach. Without warning, a
CF | bolt of lightning splits the sky and arcs to the ground, frying your
CF | head to a crisp. The charred embers of your brains fall down your
CF | collar; you might have an urge to scratch, if you were still alive and
CF | had a head.
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 234 turns, you have achieved a score of 26 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're not doing too badly.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > DavidW says, "YIKES"
Knight_Otu says, "We may have blasphemed."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open bottle with corkscrew"
CF | I don't recognize that sentence.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open bottle"
CF | Using the corkscrew, you open the wine bottle. With a pop, the cork
CF | comes out.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "So, maybe we need to strap a frying pan on our head, and THEN push the bellybutton."
Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put cork in hole"
CF | You stick the cork in the small hole. It fits perfectly - in fact,
CF | quite tightly. I doubt you could get the cork out again.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Boat repair made easy."
DavidW asks, "Do we need an oar? Or wait, we got an oar from the serpent, right?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter boat"
CF | Okay, you're now in the rowboat.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "We did."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "row"
CF | Just type the direction you want to go, as if you were walking.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | You paddle the boat out onto Lake Draounheer. The current is quite
CF | strong, and you're having trouble working against it. You soon find
CF | yourself swept southward, through a rocky channel, and before you can
CF | react, you're -
CF |
CF | Travelling through Dawg Rock
CF |
CF | You're riding in a small boat, hurtling down a narrow north-south
CF | channel cut through Dawg Rock. Whitewater churns around you, and the
CF | boat rocks back and forth. To both sides, the thick granite walls lean
CF | overhead. There's no place to land, and no way to slow down - you're
CF | totally at the mercy of the churning water. From the south, a distant
CF | rumbling grows louder -
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Maybe I should have saved first."
DavidW says, "yeah, maybe."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Sandy Beach, the rowboat
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf8"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | You can't row the boat in that direction; perhaps you'd better get out
CF | before going that way.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Maybe we shouldn't enter the water *here*."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "out"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Can we carry or push the boat?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get boat"
CF | Your load is too heavy.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push boat ne"
CF | You can't seem to do that.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push boat n"
CF | I don't understand that sentence.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop all"
CF | bronze ring: (Taking off the bronze ring first)
CF | Dropped.
CF | sword: Dropped.
CF | oar: Dropped.
CF | pair of erasers: Dropped.
CF | wine bottle: Dropped.
CF | soft pretzel: Dropped.
CF | small leather pouch: Dropped.
CF | spade: Dropped.
CF | trowel: Dropped.
CF | handful of radberries: Dropped.
CF | yellow coin: Dropped.
CF | corkscrew: Dropped.
CF | jade figurine: Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get boat"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "okay, drop everything, take boat ne, get everything and try the boat again."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | "Well, we'd better be moving along," the Valley Patrol leader says.
CF | He yawns and stretches. "Only twenty more minutes on this break,
CF | fellas."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh, you're doing that."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop boat"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | The Valley Patrol is arguing about which one of them gets the
CF | softest patch of grass for his nap.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a bronze ring, a sword, an oar, a pair of erasers, a wine
CF | bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch, a spade, a trowel, a
CF | handful of radberries, a yellow coin, a corkscrew, and a jade figurine
CF | here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get all"
CF | bronze ring: Taken.
CF | sword: Taken.
CF | oar: Taken.
CF | pair of erasers: Taken.
CF | wine bottle: Taken.
CF | soft pretzel: Taken.
CF | small leather pouch: Taken.
CF | spade: Taken.
CF | trowel: Taken.
CF | handful of radberries: Taken.
CF | yellow coin: Taken.
CF | corkscrew: You've already got your hands full.
CF | jade figurine: You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bottle"
CF | It's Valley Bordeaux 569 - a very good year. It's been opened.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear ring"
CF | Okay, you're now wearing the bronze ring.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | A few members of the Valley Patrol lie down on the ground and start
CF | snoring.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter boat"
CF | Okay, you're now in the rowboat.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf9"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | On the Lake
CF |
CF | You're bobbing on the waters of Lake Draounheer in a rickety
CF | rowboat. The waters are clear, but you can't see the bottom of the
CF | lake - it's quite deep. You're forced to paddle against a gentle
CF | southerly current, but it's not hard to keep the boat stationary.
CF | South of here, the lake water is channeled through a narrow fissure in
CF | Dawg Rock, and becomes a rushing whitewater river. To the east and
CF | west are sandy beaches, and north of here is a swampy shore.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "hm west beach and try digging there?"
Knight_Otu says, "Sure."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Unnkulian Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the western shore of Lake Draounheer - the Unnkulian side!
CF | His Majesticalness, the Valley King, forbids his subjects to travel
CF | here - and with good reason! Dread Unnkulian Warriors patrol the land,
CF | and sinister beasts rend unwary travellers limb from limb. Surely, the
CF | fair Lady Amanda would not have come here. If I were you, I wouldn't
CF | stay here very long; the Unnkulian Patrols are sure to find you
CF | eventually. A trail runs up into the Beegas'hell Mountains to the
CF | southwest, and there's a dark cave opening to the north. The lake is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | You see a gilded cage and a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | The gilded cage seems to contain a chittering churrel.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh dear."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x cage"
CF | The cage is fairly small, and made of wrought iron and gold. It's
CF | probably quite valuable. There's a chittering churrel within the cage.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x churrel"
CF | The churrel is a cross between a squirrel and a chipmunk. Churrels are
CF | playful creatures, often seen as pets for the Lord of Unnkul. They're
CF | cheap to maintain, eating vegetable matter like vines, mosses, and
CF | leaves. This one is quite cute. It stares up at you with big, brown
CF | eyes, making soft, purring noises and rubbing its front paws together.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "out"
CF | Unnkulian Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the western shore of Lake Draounheer - the Unnkulian side!
CF | His Majesticalness, the Valley King, forbids his subjects to travel
CF | here - and with good reason! Dread Unnkulian Warriors patrol the land,
CF | and sinister beasts rend unwary travellers limb from limb. Surely, the
CF | fair Lady Amanda would not have come here. If I were you, I wouldn't
CF | stay here very long; the Unnkulian Patrols are sure to find you
CF | eventually. A trail runs up into the Beegas'hell Mountains to the
CF | southwest, and there's a dark cave opening to the north. The lake is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | You see a gilded cage and a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | The gilded cage seems to contain a chittering churrel.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig sand with shovel"
CF | I don't see any sand here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get cage"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "Do we dare linger or even explore?"
DavidW says, "I suspect we can drop things in the boat if we're carrying too many objects."
DavidW says, "I want to try digging here."
Knight_Otu says, "Right, we have an inventory limit."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig shore with shovel"
CF | I don't know the word "shore".
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "dig with shovel"
Knight_Otu asks, "Apparently no digging here?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig with shovel"
CF | What do you want to dig in?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ground"
CF | The ground's not suitable for digging here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh okay"
DavidW asks, "I guess we should brave the swamp north of the lake next?"
Knight_Otu says, "Okay."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter boat"
CF | Okay, you're now in the rowboat.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | On the Lake
CF |
CF | You're bobbing on the waters of Lake Draounheer in a rickety
CF | rowboat. The waters are clear, but you can't see the bottom of the
CF | lake - it's quite deep. You're forced to paddle against a gentle
CF | southerly current, but it's not hard to keep the boat stationary.
CF | South of here, the lake water is channeled through a narrow fissure in
CF | Dawg Rock, and becomes a rushing whitewater river. To the east and
CF | west are sandy beaches, and north of here is a swampy shore.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "hm. x reeds. x footprints"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x footprints"
CF | One set of footprints, heading due north, catches your eye - a lady's
CF | shoe! Could the fair Amanda have come this way?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x reeds"
CF | It looks like an ordinary reeds to me.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig ground with shovel"
CF | The ground's not suitable for digging here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "North?"
DavidW says, "yes please"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | You can't row the boat in that direction; perhaps you'd better get out
CF | before going that way.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "out"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 12"
CF | [12]: The stoll bridge is a rather obvious lift from the original
CF | Adventure - Colossal Cave, from which all other adventures were
CF | spawned.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x stoll"
CF | Stolls are kleptomaniac cousins of trolls and drolls, smaller but more
CF | agile and quick. They can't get through the day without at least three
CF | or four acts of petty larceny. Pickpocketing is their favorite
CF | activity. This particular individual is, like most stolls, bright
CF | green, thin, and short. He's eyeing your possessions with a
CF | speculative gaze.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bridge"
CF | The bridge is made of wood, and looks quite rickety. Still, it's
CF | probably the only safe way to cross this section of the swamp; the land
CF | is so sodden and sandy that you could be sucked under if you strayed
CF | from the path.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask stoll about stoll"
CF | The stoll shrugs. "I'm a stoll, not an encyclopedia."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask stoll about bridge"
CF | The stoll shrugs. "I'm a stoll, not an encyclopedia."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I suppose payment might be anything at all."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask stoll about payment"
CF | I don't know the word "payment".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, an oar, a pair of
CF | erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch, a spade,
CF | a trowel, a handful of radberries, a yellow coin, and a gilded cage.
CF |
CF | The gilded cage seems to contain a chittering churrel.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "And I bet he has no respect for the ring the way the Valley Patrol and serpent did."
Knight_Otu asks, "Do we give anything yet?"
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Roger has arrived. Knight_Otu says, "Hey Roger."
DavidW says, "It would be best to give something we can get back or that we can get more of."
DavidW says, "And I don't think anything we has qualifies."
Roger says, "hi all"
Knight_Otu says, "I don't think we have... right."
DavidW says, "We might try clapping the erasers as a smoke screen, though."
Jacqueline says (to Roger), "Hi"
DavidW says, "hi Roger"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask stoll about amanda"
CF | The stoll shrugs. "I'm a stoll, not an encyclopedia."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "clap erasers"
CF | <COUGH!> A huge cloud of chalk dust fills the air.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | The stoll bumps against you as you pass by. For a moment, you think
CF | you feel light fingers brushing the leather pouch you carry - but then,
CF | the feeling fades, and the stoll vanishes under the bridge with a
CF | cackling laugh.
CF |
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, an oar, a pair of
CF | erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch, a spade,
CF | a trowel, and a handful of radberries.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "That didn't sound good."
Knight_Otu says, "The cage, and the coin at least."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x pouch"
CF | There's nothing in the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Yeah, the cage and both coins."
Knight_Otu says, "I think we should undo that for now."
DavidW says, "yes"
Knight_Otu says, "Despite the score increase."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think the score increase is for reaching the other side."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring (being worn), a sword, an oar, a pair of
CF | erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch, a spade,
CF | a trowel, a handful of radberries, a yellow coin, and a gilded cage.
CF |
CF | The gilded cage seems to contain a chittering churrel.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x pouch"
CF | In the small leather pouch you see a bronze coin.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "So we'll take the north-west route for now."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "please"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "nw"
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "dig soil?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig soil with shovel"
CF | I don't know the word "soil".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig ground with shovel"
CF | The ground's not suitable for digging here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x plants"
CF | They're slowly dying.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x fog"
CF | Like most mist and fog, it's damp and cold. [13]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 13"
CF | [13]: It's not only damp and cold, but you really didn't need to
CF | examine it.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "I suppose that's a fair point."
DavidW says, "And yet, author wrote a footnote about it."
Knight_Otu says, "Indeed."
Knight_Otu asks, "Northwest first?"
DavidW says, "okay"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "nw"
CF | End of Trail
CF |
CF | You're at the end of the trail through the Damsogee Swamp. Though
CF | the swamp stretches northward many more miles, this is as far as you'll
CF | go without falling into a deadly bog. The trail ends in a relatively
CF | dry clearing. A small stone building stands to the east, its door
CF | open. A few words are etched in stone next to the entrance. The trail
CF | runs back to the southeast.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x hut"
CF | The stone buidling has seen better days. It's crumbling and ancient,
CF | little more than a ruin now. Some words are etched next to the
CF | entrance.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "read words"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x entrance"
CF | I don't know the word "entrance".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read words"
CF | "Wowsa Willy's Wizardry Warehouse - The Wizard is OUT."
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
DavidW asks, "Golden ticket?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Inside Ruin
CF |
CF | You're standing inside the stone building. The walls are dripping
CF | with condensation and the thatch roof has rotted through in most
CF | places. The only exit is back to the west. Clearly, whatever purpose
CF | this place once served, it's long since been abandoned. There's no
CF | furniture and nothing of interest except a low stone shelf against the
CF | back wall.
CF |
CF | A thin wand is sitting on the stone shelf.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x shelf"
CF | Carved on the underside is the phrase "Willy luvs Amanda." On the
CF | stone shelf you see a thin wand.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oo"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x wand"
CF | The wand is a thin piece of wood, quite light and flexible. You can
CF | barely make out tiny letters down the side that read 'Wowsa Willy's
CF | Wishing Wand - Works When Waved.'
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get wand"
CF | You pick the wand up. A thundering voice booms "You'd better pay for
CF | that, Warrior. I won't warn you again. Put your payment on the shelf,
CF | please."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put yellow coin on shelf"
CF | A thundering voice chuckles. "You must be joking!"
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get yellow"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put bronze coin on shelf"
CF | The valmid vanishes in a puff of smoke! A thundering voice rumbles,
CF | "Thanks for shopping at Willy's!"
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put yellow coin in pouch"
CF | Done.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "l"
CF | Inside Ruin
CF |
CF | You're standing inside the stone building. The walls are dripping
CF | with condensation and the thatch roof has rotted through in most
CF | places. The only exit is back to the west. Clearly, whatever purpose
CF | this place once served, it's long since been abandoned. There's no
CF | furniture and nothing of interest except a low stone shelf against the
CF | back wall.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Gonna try waving the thing?"
Knight_Otu says, "Well that seems like the right thing."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
DavidW asks, "make wish then wave wand?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "make wish"
CF | I don't know the word "make".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wish"
CF | I don't know the word "wish".
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "hm"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | End of Trail
CF |
CF | You're at the end of the trail through the Damsogee Swamp. Though
CF | the swamp stretches northward many more miles, this is as far as you'll
CF | go without falling into a deadly bog. The trail ends in a relatively
CF | dry clearing. A small stone building stands to the east, its door
CF | open. A few words are etched in stone next to the entrance. The trail
CF | runs back to the southeast.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "se"
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "We probably should see what's west of here."
DavidW says, "yes"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're deep in the heart of the swamp now, in a dismal clearing of
CF | quicksand and mire. A gentle old willow tree hangs over the clearing,
CF | vine-covered branches dipping low. The only safe path is back to the
CF | east.
CF |
CF | Without warning, your feet sink into the muck. You try to move, but
CF | can't. You're sinking in the quicksand - and you don't have much time
CF | left!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get branch"
CF | The tree's branches are out of reach.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Dang."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | "Cretin!" a voice booms. "Bother me not with such petty wishes!
CF | Escape from the sand yourself!"
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig quicksand with shovel"
CF | You vainly scoop a few shovelfulls of quicksand to one side, but you're
CF | not really getting anywhere.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "get vine?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get vine"
CF | The vines are firmly attached to the trunk; you can't get them. You've
CF | nearly sunk below the surface of the quicksand. Suddenly, you feel
CF | something hook on your foot, far below the top of the ground; you can't
CF | quite tell what it is, but if you can get out, you'll probably pull it
CF | with you.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "climb vine"
CF | I don't know how to climb the vine.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "grab vine"
CF | The vines are firmly attached to the trunk; you can't get them. Your
CF | head finally sinks below the surface of the quicksand. You try to hold
CF | your breath, but it's useless; the bog seems bottomless. Finally,
CF | lungs bursting, you breathe in a mouthful of moist sand -
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 306 turns, you have achieved a score of 42 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're not doing too badly.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Knight_Otu says, "Darn."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "what if you opened the cage?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open cage"
CF | You open the cage and the churrel scampers out. It runs up the twisted
CF | old tree and starts chewing on the vegetation, making squeaking sounds.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "grab vine"
CF | The vines are firmly attached to the trunk; you can't get them. Your
CF | head finally sinks below the surface of the quicksand. You try to hold
CF | your breath, but it's useless; the bog seems bottomless. Finally,
CF | lungs bursting, you breathe in a mouthful of moist sand -
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 306 turns, you have achieved a score of 47 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're not doing too badly.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Knight_Otu says, "We may have to release the churrel as soon as we enter."
DavidW says, "yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're slowly sinking in quicksand, and don't have much time to
CF | enjoy the lovely swamp scenery.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're deep in the heart of the swamp now, in a dismal clearing of
CF | quicksand and mire. A gentle old willow tree hangs over the clearing,
CF | vine-covered branches dipping low. The only safe path is back to the
CF | east.
CF |
CF | Without warning, your feet sink into the muck. You try to move, but
CF | can't. You're sinking in the quicksand - and you don't have much time
CF | left!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open cage"
CF | You open the cage and the churrel scampers out. It runs up the twisted
CF | old tree and starts chewing on the vegetation, making squeaking sounds.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "churrel, eat vine"
CF | I don't see any churrel here.
CF |
CF | > Jacqueline says, "That is the best room description, particularly after all the lengthy, non-plotscenery descriptions elsewhere."
Jacqueline says, "(The Bog bits.)"
DavidW asks, "Wait until our boot hooks the whatever below?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF | From the top of the willow tree, one end of a vine comes loose and
CF | drapes across the quicksand in front of you. You hear a chittering
CF | sound from above and catch a glimpse of the churrel you released as it
CF | scampers around the outside of the willow tree and vanishes from sight.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF | You've nearly sunk below the surface of the quicksand. Suddenly, you
CF | feel something hook on your foot, far below the top of the ground; you
CF | can't quite tell what it is, but if you can get out, you'll probably
CF | pull it with you.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "grab vine"
CF | Sending a silent prayer upward, you reach for the vine and pull with
CF | all your might. Slowly, with a great sucking sound, you lift yourself
CF | up out of the bog and lie panting on the edge of the quicksand. I
CF | wouldn't stay here too long if I were you; the ground is quite
CF | dangerous. A rusty lamp appears to have hooked around your foot. You
CF | pulled it up out of the bog with you. It's lying beside you on the
CF | ground.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lamp"
CF | The brass lamp has no apparent source of fuel; it must be magical.
CF | It's inlaid with gold, and probably quite valuable. It's currently
CF | off.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get lamp"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop all"
CF | bronze ring: (Taking off the bronze ring first)
CF | Dropped.
CF | sword: Dropped.
CF | oar: Dropped.
CF | pair of erasers: Dropped.
CF | wine bottle: Dropped.
CF | soft pretzel: Dropped.
CF | small leather pouch: Dropped.
CF | spade: Dropped.
CF | trowel: Dropped.
CF | handful of radberries: Dropped.
CF | gilded cage: Dropped.
CF | thin wand: Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Bog
CF |
CF | You're deep in the heart of the swamp now, in a dismal clearing of
CF | quicksand and mire. A gentle old willow tree hangs over the clearing,
CF | vine-covered branches dipping low. One of the vines has been chewed
CF | through, and a length of it has fallen across the quicksand. The only
CF | safe path is back to the east.
CF |
CF | Without warning, your feet sink into the muck. You try to move, but
CF | can't. You're sinking in the quicksand - and you don't have much time
CF | left!
CF |
CF | You see a brass lamp here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get lamp"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "grab vine"
CF | Sending a silent prayer upward, you reach for the vine and pull with
CF | all your might. Slowly, with a great sucking sound, you lift yourself
CF | up out of the bog and lie panting on the edge of the quicksand. I
CF | wouldn't stay here too long if I were you; the ground is quite
CF | dangerous.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | You see a bronze ring, a sword, an oar, a pair of erasers, a wine
CF | bottle, a soft pretzel, a small leather pouch, a spade, a trowel, a
CF | handful of radberries, a gilded cage, and a thin wand here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay, now to sort our inventory out a bit,"
DavidW says, "Try leaving a few things in the boat. The oar, perhaps."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear ring"
CF | You don't have the bronze ring.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get ring"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear ring"
CF | Okay, you're now wearing the bronze ring.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get sword"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get wand"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get pouch"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear pouch"
CF | You can't wear the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "hm. Forgot about the sword. Wonder if you can kill a stoll with it."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get erasers"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get bottle"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get pretzel"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "We might not need the cage any more."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get spade"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get berries"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "That's what I'm assuming. Also, we probably can leave the oar with the boat."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "l"
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | You see a trowel and a gilded cage here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "yes. Unless we find a pizza oven."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get trowel"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "se"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop oar"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "nw"
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | You see a trowel and a gilded cage here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get trowel"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "se"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat and an oar here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf10"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "kill stoll with sword"
CF | Attacking the green stoll doesn't appear productive.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "That doesn't seem productive."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "give cheez coin to stoll"
CF | The stoll jumps back, horrified. "Are you nuts? Don't give me
CF | anything! I wanna steal it!"
CF |
CF | > Jacqueline says, "ha"
Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat and an oar here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop all"
CF | brass lamp: Dropped.
CF | bronze ring: (Taking off the bronze ring first)
CF | Dropped.
CF | sword: Dropped.
CF | thin wand: Dropped.
CF | small leather pouch: Dropped.
CF | pair of erasers: Dropped.
CF | wine bottle: Dropped.
CF | soft pretzel: Dropped.
CF | spade: Dropped.
CF | handful of radberries: Dropped.
CF | trowel: Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | The stoll jumps in front of you. "Hey! You'd better provide me with a
CF | better challenge than that! I want something to steal, something that
CF | I can't just pluck from you!" The twisted creature folds its arms
CF | across its chest. "You're not getting by without making it at least a
CF | little bit challenging for me to steal from you."
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Well."
DavidW says, "what a strange creatuer"
Knight_Otu says, "Indeed."
Knight_Otu says, "It stole the cage, so it doesn't just steal unimportant things."
DavidW says, "Perhaps we should let it get the coin, though. Until we find out later we should've done something else."
Knight_Otu says, "Sure"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat, an oar, a brass lamp, a bronze ring, a sword, a
CF | thin wand, a small leather pouch, a pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a
CF | soft pretzel, a spade, a handful of radberries, and a trowel here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get all"
CF | rowboat: Taken.
CF | oar: Your load is too heavy.
CF | brass lamp: Your load is too heavy.
CF | bronze ring: Taken.
CF | sword: Your load is too heavy.
CF | thin wand: Your load is too heavy.
CF | small leather pouch: Your load is too heavy.
CF | pair of erasers: Your load is too heavy.
CF | wine bottle: Your load is too heavy.
CF | soft pretzel: Your load is too heavy.
CF | spade: Your load is too heavy.
CF | handful of radberries: You've already got your hands full.
CF | trowel: Your load is too heavy.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Moop."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop boat"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get all except boat"
CF | oar: Taken.
CF | brass lamp: Taken.
CF | sword: Taken.
CF | thin wand: Taken.
CF | small leather pouch: Taken.
CF | pair of erasers: Taken.
CF | wine bottle: Taken.
CF | soft pretzel: Taken.
CF | spade: Taken.
CF | handful of radberries: You've already got your hands full.
CF | trowel: You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop oar"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get berries and trowel"
CF | handful of radberries: Taken.
CF | trowel: Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring, a brass lamp, a sword, a thin wand, a small
CF | leather pouch, a pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a
CF | spade, a handful of radberries, and a trowel.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "save"
CF | File to save game in >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cfuzcoinsacrifice"
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | The stoll bumps against you as you pass by. For a moment, you think
CF | you feel light fingers brushing the leather pouch you carry - but then,
CF | the feeling fades, and the stoll vanishes under the bridge with a
CF | cackling laugh.
CF |
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a bronze ring, a sword, a thin wand, a small leather pouch, a
CF | pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a soft pretzel, a spade, a handful of
CF | radberries, and a trowel.
CF |
CF | You're feeling a fuzz hungry. Perhaps it would be a good time to find
CF | something to eat.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Is the lamp gone?"
Knight_Otu says, "Yeaah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Dang stoll."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat and an oar here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop lamp"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop wand"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop all"
CF | bronze ring: Dropped.
CF | sword: Dropped.
CF | small leather pouch: Dropped.
CF | pair of erasers: Dropped.
CF | wine bottle: Dropped.
CF | soft pretzel: Dropped.
CF | spade: Dropped.
CF | handful of radberries: Dropped.
CF | trowel: Dropped.
CF |
CF | You're feeling a fuzz hungry. Perhaps it would be a good time to find
CF | something to eat.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | You can't go that way.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "nw"
CF | Swamp Trail
CF |
CF | You're walking on a twisting trail that runs deep into the heart of
CF | the Damsogee Swamp. Dying plants sprout from waterlogged soil, and
CF | low-lying fog hugs the ground like a burial shroud. Even the bright
CF | afternoon sun is having trouble burning off the thick mist. It's quite
CF | depressing here. The trail continues northwest and southeast. The
CF | ground looks fairly solid to the west; you could probably find a path
CF | that way as well.
CF |
CF | You see a gilded cage here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get cage"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | You can't go that way.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "se"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat, an oar, a brass lamp, a thin wand, a bronze ring,
CF | a sword, a small leather pouch, a pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a
CF | soft pretzel, a spade, a handful of radberries, and a trowel here.
CF |
CF | You're feeling a fuzz hungry. Perhaps it would be a good time to find
CF | something to eat.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think the pretzel would be good food to eat."
Knight_Otu says, "Eat the pretzel or the berries?-... right."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "eat pretzel"
CF | That was delicious!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | The stoll jumps in front of you. "Hey! You'd better provide me with a
CF | better challenge than that! I want something to steal, something that
CF | I can't just pluck from you!" The twisted creature folds its arms
CF | across its chest. "You're not getting by without making it at least a
CF | little bit challenging for me to steal from you."
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Dang."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat, an oar, a brass lamp, a thin wand, a bronze ring,
CF | a sword, a small leather pouch, a pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a
CF | spade, a handful of radberries, and a trowel here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get pouch"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | A short, green stoll is blocking the bridge. His eyes light up as
CF | you approach. "Greetings, traveller," he grunts. "Stop. Pay stoll."
CF | [12]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | The stoll bumps against you as you pass by. For a moment, you think
CF | you feel light fingers brushing the leather pouch you carry - but then,
CF | the feeling fades, and the stoll vanishes under the bridge with a
CF | cackling laugh.
CF |
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x pouch"
CF | There's nothing in the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat, an oar, a brass lamp, a thin wand, a bronze ring,
CF | a sword, a pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a spade, a handful of
CF | radberries, and a trowel here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get all"
CF | rowboat: Your load is too heavy.
CF | oar: Taken.
CF | brass lamp: Taken.
CF | thin wand: Taken.
CF | bronze ring: Taken.
CF | sword: Taken.
CF | pair of erasers: Taken.
CF | wine bottle: Taken.
CF | spade: Taken.
CF | handful of radberries: Taken.
CF | trowel: You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "Why do I keep doing that?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop boat"
CF | You're not carrying the rowboat!
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I don't know."
Knight_Otu says, "Oh, didn't get the boat this time."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop oar"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get trowel"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x hill"
CF | The burial mound is quite big, and obviously quite old. It was typical
CF | of the early northern Ulian tribes to build such mounds. As far as you
CF | know, none have ever been excavated.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "oh, so the stoll doesn't show up the 2nd time crossing?"
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says, "I hope he stays gone."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x shrub"
CF | I don't know the word "shrub".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "listen"
CF | You hear nothing.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Only one way to go, I guess."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | On Top of the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You're standing on top of the burial mound, perhaps thirty feet
CF | above the damp, swampy ground below. To the south, you can just make
CF | out Lake Draounheer through the mist, and to the southeast, the
CF | clifftop and the lighthouse. The only safe path off the mound is to
CF | the west. There's little of interest up here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "mmhm"
DavidW says, "dig mound"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig mound with shovel"
CF | You can't really bring yourself to desecrate the graves of your
CF | ancestors. [14]
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "I'm ... well. You're right, game, but..."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 14"
CF | [14]: The ancient Ulians, your ancestors, were a peaceful, artistic
CF | race. Almost nothing is known about them.
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "x swampy ground"
CF | I don't know the word "swampy".
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Can we jump down 30 feet safely?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | You can't go that way.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "jump"
CF | Wheeee!
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "It seems no."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "d"
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Maybe wave the wand up there?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | On Top of the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You're standing on top of the burial mound, perhaps thirty feet
CF | above the damp, swampy ground below. To the south, you can just make
CF | out Lake Draounheer through the mist, and to the southeast, the
CF | clifftop and the lighthouse. The only safe path off the mound is to
CF | the west. There's little of interest up here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "rub the lamp?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "rub lamp"
CF | Touching the brass lamp doesn't seem to have any effect.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "pray?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "pray"
CF |
CF | Your prayers are not heard.
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "shout"
CF | Your throat is a bit sore now.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "search mound?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "search mound"
CF | The burial mound is quite big, and obviously quite old. It was typical
CF | of the early northern Ulian tribes to build such mounds. As far as you
CF | know, none have ever been excavated.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter it"
CF | I don't know how to enter the burial mound.
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "listen to mound"
CF | You hear the usual sounds that a burial mound normally makes.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "score"
CF | In a total of 389 turns, you have achieved a score of 72 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're probably getting frustrated.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Good guess, game."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig mound with trowel"
CF | The trowel's much too small to do any serious digging. You need a
CF | better tool, like, say, a spade.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay."
DavidW says, "Obviously, we're meant to do *something* here."
DavidW asks, "Push the bellybutton?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push bellybutton"
CF | I don't know the word "bellybutton".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push belly button"
CF | I don't see any belly button here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Uh."
DavidW asks, "Just button? Or figurine?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x figurine"
CF | I don't see any figurine here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "You didn't bring it, did you?"
Knight_Otu says, "Darn invenory limits."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat and an oar here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put oar in boat"
CF | I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "ah, you left the figurine behind when you first moved the boat."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop trowel and spade"
CF | trowel: Dropped.
CF | spade: Dropped.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter boat"
CF | Okay, you're now in the rowboat.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | On the Lake
CF |
CF | You're bobbing on the waters of Lake Draounheer in a rickety
CF | rowboat. The waters are clear, but you can't see the bottom of the
CF | lake - it's quite deep. You're forced to paddle against a gentle
CF | southerly current, but it's not hard to keep the boat stationary.
CF | South of here, the lake water is channeled through a narrow fissure in
CF | Dawg Rock, and becomes a rushing whitewater river. To the east and
CF | west are sandy beaches, and north of here is a swampy shore.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're sitting in the rowboat on the eastern shore of Lake
CF | Draounheer. Across the sparkling blue waters, you can see the
CF | snow-covered caps of the Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of
CF | evil Unnkulia. But here, on this side of the lake, you could truly
CF | find peace. Gentle waves lap at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully
CF | in the brisk fall breezes. To the east, a path leads back into the
CF | forest. North of here, the land slopes up sharply, and the path
CF | continues. You could also go southwest, along the shore of the lake -
CF | further along, the grassy lakeshore turns into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | The six thugs that make up the Valley Patrol are here, leaning on
CF | their pikes. They appear to be loafing on the job.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | You can't go that way in the boat. Maybe you should try walking.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "out"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Sandy Beach
CF |
CF | The lakeshore here becomes a stretch of white sand, glaring in the
CF | fall sunshine. Further south, the land becomes rocky and too difficult
CF | to travel; a bit further on, the tip of the awesome Dawg Rock is
CF | visible. [9] You can hear the thunderous crash of water to the south
CF | as the lake empties through the Rock. The lake stretches before you to
CF | the west. The only way to go appears to be back along the shore to the
CF | northeast.
CF |
CF | You see a corkscrew and a jade figurine here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get figurine"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "I'll assume we don't need the corkscrew anymore."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Lake Shore East
CF |
CF | You're standing on the eastern shore of Lake Draounheer. Across the
CF | sparkling blue waters, you can see the snow-covered caps of the
CF | Beeg'ashell Mountains, deep in the heart of evil Unnkulia. But here,
CF | on this side of the lake, you could truly find peace. Gentle waves lap
CF | at the shore, and reeds bend gracefully in the brisk fall breezes. To
CF | the east, a path leads back into the forest. North of here, the land
CF | slopes up sharply, and the path continues. You could also go southwest,
CF | along the shore of the lake - further along, the grassy lakeshore turns
CF | into a sandy beach.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter rowboat"
CF | Okay, you're now in the rowboat.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "That's probably a safe bet."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | On the Lake
CF |
CF | You're bobbing on the waters of Lake Draounheer in a rickety
CF | rowboat. The waters are clear, but you can't see the bottom of the
CF | lake - it's quite deep. You're forced to paddle against a gentle
CF | southerly current, but it's not hard to keep the boat stationary.
CF | South of here, the lake water is channeled through a narrow fissure in
CF | Dawg Rock, and becomes a rushing whitewater river. To the east and
CF | west are sandy beaches, and north of here is a swampy shore.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a trowel, a spade, and a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "out"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a trowel, a spade, and a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop oar"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get spade and trowel"
CF | spade: Taken.
CF | trowel: Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | On Top of the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You're standing on top of the burial mound, perhaps thirty feet
CF | above the damp, swampy ground below. To the south, you can just make
CF | out Lake Draounheer through the mist, and to the southeast, the
CF | clifftop and the lighthouse. The only safe path off the mound is to
CF | the west. There's little of interest up here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push belly button"
CF | You poke the figurine of Duhdha in the stomach. Without warning, a
CF | bolt of lightning splits the sky and arcs to the ground, frying your
CF | head to a crisp. The charred embers of your brains fall down your
CF | collar; you might have an urge to scratch, if you were still alive and
CF | had a head.
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 414 turns, you have achieved a score of 72 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're probably getting frustrated.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Knight_Otu says, "Nope."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | On Top of the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You're standing on top of the burial mound, perhaps thirty feet
CF | above the damp, swampy ground below. To the south, you can just make
CF | out Lake Draounheer through the mist, and to the southeast, the
CF | clifftop and the lighthouse. The only safe path off the mound is to
CF | the west. There's little of interest up here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "Maybe we should brave the cave or the mountains for now?"
DavidW asks, "We don't have any headgear either, right?"
Knight_Otu says, "I don't think so."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a small leather pouch, a brass lamp, a thin wand, a bronze
CF | ring, a sword, a pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a handful of
CF | radberries, a jade figurine, a spade, and a trowel.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Sure, we can try the cave and mountains."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat and an oar here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "We can't wear the trowel as a hat, I suppose?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear trowel"
CF | You can't wear the trowel.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put all in pouch"
CF | small leather pouch: You can't put the small leather pouch in itself!
CF | brass lamp: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | thin wand: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | bronze ring: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | sword: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | pair of erasers: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | wine bottle: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | handful of radberries: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | jade figurine: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | spade: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF | trowel: You can't fit that in the small leather pouch.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "It was a silly idea."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear ring"
CF | Okay, you're now wearing the bronze ring.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop pouch"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "put things in the boat itself."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get oar"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "I thought I tried that."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put all in boat"
CF | brass lamp: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | thin wand: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | bronze ring: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | sword: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | pair of erasers: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | wine bottle: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | handful of radberries: I don't know how to put anything into the
CF | rowboat.
CF | jade figurine: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | spade: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | trowel: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF | oar: I don't know how to put anything into the rowboat.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh, okay. Weird."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter boat"
CF | Okay, you're now in the rowboat.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "I do suspect the pouch has outlived its usefulness."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | On the Lake
CF |
CF | You're bobbing on the waters of Lake Draounheer in a rickety
CF | rowboat. The waters are clear, but you can't see the bottom of the
CF | lake - it's quite deep. You're forced to paddle against a gentle
CF | southerly current, but it's not hard to keep the boat stationary.
CF | South of here, the lake water is channeled through a narrow fissure in
CF | Dawg Rock, and becomes a rushing whitewater river. To the east and
CF | west are sandy beaches, and north of here is a swampy shore.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Unnkulian Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the western shore of Lake Draounheer - the Unnkulian side!
CF | His Majesticalness, the Valley King, forbids his subjects to travel
CF | here - and with good reason! Dread Unnkulian Warriors patrol the land,
CF | and sinister beasts rend unwary travellers limb from limb. Surely, the
CF | fair Lady Amanda would not have come here. If I were you, I wouldn't
CF | stay here very long; the Unnkulian Patrols are sure to find you
CF | eventually. A trail runs up into the Beegas'hell Mountains to the
CF | southwest, and there's a dark cave opening to the north. The lake is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "It's very rare for an enterable to not also be either a container or supporter in general."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "out"
CF | Unnkulian Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the western shore of Lake Draounheer - the Unnkulian side!
CF | His Majesticalness, the Valley King, forbids his subjects to travel
CF | here - and with good reason! Dread Unnkulian Warriors patrol the land,
CF | and sinister beasts rend unwary travellers limb from limb. Surely, the
CF | fair Lady Amanda would not have come here. If I were you, I wouldn't
CF | stay here very long; the Unnkulian Patrols are sure to find you
CF | eventually. A trail runs up into the Beegas'hell Mountains to the
CF | southwest, and there's a dark cave opening to the north. The lake is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open lamp"
CF | I don't see any way to open the lamp. It appears to be magical, and it
CF | doesn't need any fuel.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | You charge into the gloomy cave mouth. From out of darkened crevices,
CF | the steel-jawed Demons of Unnkul swarm out to meet you. Even a Valley
CF | Warrior can only withstand their endless attacks for so long -
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 431 turns, you have achieved a score of 72 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're probably getting frustrated.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Roger says, "awww"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Unnkulian Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the western shore of Lake Draounheer - the Unnkulian side!
CF | His Majesticalness, the Valley King, forbids his subjects to travel
CF | here - and with good reason! Dread Unnkulian Warriors patrol the land,
CF | and sinister beasts rend unwary travellers limb from limb. Surely, the
CF | fair Lady Amanda would not have come here. If I were you, I wouldn't
CF | stay here very long; the Unnkulian Patrols are sure to find you
CF | eventually. A trail runs up into the Beegas'hell Mountains to the
CF | southwest, and there's a dark cave opening to the north. The lake is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lamp"
CF | The brass lamp has no apparent source of fuel; it must be magical.
CF | It's inlaid with gold, and probably quite valuable. It's currently
CF | off.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "turn on lamp"
CF | You turn the lamp on. It glows with a dim greenish light.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | You charge into the gloomy cave mouth. From out of darkened crevices,
CF | the steel-jawed Demons of Unnkul swarm out to meet you. Even a Valley
CF | Warrior can only withstand their endless attacks for so long -
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 433 turns, you have achieved a score of 72 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're probably getting frustrated.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: > Knight_Otu says, "Okay."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Unnkulian Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the western shore of Lake Draounheer - the Unnkulian side!
CF | His Majesticalness, the Valley King, forbids his subjects to travel
CF | here - and with good reason! Dread Unnkulian Warriors patrol the land,
CF | and sinister beasts rend unwary travellers limb from limb. Surely, the
CF | fair Lady Amanda would not have come here. If I were you, I wouldn't
CF | stay here very long; the Unnkulian Patrols are sure to find you
CF | eventually. A trail runs up into the Beegas'hell Mountains to the
CF | southwest, and there's a dark cave opening to the north. The lake is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | You trudge up the mountains. Suddenly, a sharp pain shoots up your
CF | leg. You look down - your foot has been sliced off by steel jaws
CF | buried in the pathway! Before you bleed to death, you just have time
CF | enough to read the writing on the trap - "Acme Rhust-Pruph Stihl Trappe
CF | - Dam Dedlee!"
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 433 turns, you have achieved a score of 72 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're probably getting frustrated.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Unnkulian Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the western shore of Lake Draounheer - the Unnkulian side!
CF | His Majesticalness, the Valley King, forbids his subjects to travel
CF | here - and with good reason! Dread Unnkulian Warriors patrol the land,
CF | and sinister beasts rend unwary travellers limb from limb. Surely, the
CF | fair Lady Amanda would not have come here. If I were you, I wouldn't
CF | stay here very long; the Unnkulian Patrols are sure to find you
CF | eventually. A trail runs up into the Beegas'hell Mountains to the
CF | southwest, and there's a dark cave opening to the north. The lake is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Oh...kay."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "z"
CF | Time passes...
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "We never found a key for the lighthouse minting press, either, did we?"
Knight_Otu says, "The Unnkulian patrol seems about as on the move as the Valley King one."
Knight_Otu says (to David), "No, we didn't."
Knight_Otu says, "We may have to brave the rapids at this point."
DavidW says, "Looking at my old map, the mound is the way forward somehow."
Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "enter boat"
CF | Okay, you're now in the rowboat.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Should I check my actual notes?"
Knight_Otu says, "I'm out of ideas, yeah."
DavidW says, "oh hell. It's a persistence puzzle."
Knight_Otu says, "Okay."
DavidW says, "You need to try digging more than once."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | On the Lake
CF |
CF | You're bobbing on the waters of Lake Draounheer in a rickety
CF | rowboat. The waters are clear, but you can't see the bottom of the
CF | lake - it's quite deep. You're forced to paddle against a gentle
CF | southerly current, but it's not hard to keep the boat stationary.
CF | South of here, the lake water is channeled through a narrow fissure in
CF | Dawg Rock, and becomes a rushing whitewater river. To the east and
CF | west are sandy beaches, and north of here is a swampy shore.
CF |
CF | You see a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a small leather pouch and a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "out"
CF | North Shore
CF |
CF | You're on the north shore of Lake Draounheer, at the southern edge
CF | of the infamous Damsogee Swamp. This is unexplored territory now;
CF | you've left the safety of the Forest of Radeekal for dangerous and
CF | uncharted wilderness. Perhaps a wiser man would turn back now - but
CF | you are a Valley Warrior, and know no fear. Mist swirls at the water's
CF | edge, and reeds bend in the cold, damp breeze. Two paths lead into the
CF | swamp, one due north, the other northwest. The path is surprisingly
CF | well-traveled; small footprints lead north.
CF |
CF | You see a small leather pouch and a rowboat here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Stoll Bridge
CF |
CF | You're standing just south of a rickety wooden bridge that crosses a
CF | particularly swampy bit of land. The bridge is the only way to
CF | continue north; the land around is much too dangerous for you to
CF | wander. Beyond the bridge, to the north, you can see what looks like a
CF | low hill. The only other path leads south, back toward Lake
CF | Draounheer.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | At the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You are standing at the end of a path through the Damsogee Swamp.
CF | For miles in almost all directions, the treacherous bogs and mires
CF | stretch. Sinister squishing sounds echo across the sodden moors, and
CF | sometimes, faintly, you can hear the howl of the wind - or is it a
CF | wolf? To the east is a low hill, flattened on its top; it's one of the
CF | old burial mounds of the early Ulian tribesmen. You could climb the
CF | hill to the east, or follow the path back to the south; all other
CF | directions are much too dangerous. Fog hangs over every stunted shrub
CF | here, and the air smells of death and decay.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | On Top of the Burial Mound
CF |
CF | You're standing on top of the burial mound, perhaps thirty feet
CF | above the damp, swampy ground below. To the south, you can just make
CF | out Lake Draounheer through the mist, and to the southeast, the
CF | clifftop and the lighthouse. The only safe path off the mound is to
CF | the west. There's little of interest up here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig mound with shovel"
CF | You really don't want to desecrate the ancient graves of your
CF | ancestors.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig mound with shovel"
CF | The Gods may strike you down if you persist in desecrating the holy
CF | graves of your godlike, sacred, and revered ancient ancestors!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "dig mound with shovel"
CF | To heck with your ancient ancestors - you've got a quest to finish!
CF | You bend to your labors and start digging. It's back-breaking work,
CF | but you've soon made a sizeable hole in the top of the mound.
CF | Suddenly, your spade breaks through the muddy earth, vanishing into
CF | what must be a vast cavern far below! You leap from the hole,
CF | surprised.
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Warning: this will be a one-way trip downwards."
Jacqueline says, "whoa"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "save"
CF | File to save game in >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cfuzmound"
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay, we have a save in case it turns out we need the corkscrew or something."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x hole"
CF | The hole's quite dark. If you climb down there, I'm not sure you could
CF | get back up.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "d"
CF | You scramble down into the dark hole -
CF |
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | It doesn't seem likely that the fair Amanda could have come down
CF | here; surely, you were the first to dig into the burial mounds. Still,
CF | there doesn't appear to be any way back up. It appears that searching
CF | these ancient tombs for another exit to the surface is your only
CF | option.
CF |
CF | You see a spade here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Is the lamp still on?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lamp"
CF | The brass lamp has no apparent source of fuel; it must be magical.
CF | It's inlaid with gold, and probably quite valuable. It's glowing with
CF | a dim greenish light.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get shovel"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "We fell onto *granite*?"
Knight_Otu says, "I think we dropped semi-controlled rather than just fell, but yeah."
DavidW says, "okay. Impressive."
DavidW says, "x that coffin"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x coffin"
CF | The coffin is quite large. A figure of a bearded and armored warrior,
CF | eyes closed and hands folded across his chest, is carved on the lid.
CF | Words are carved on the side - you recognize the language as early
CF | Ulian, a quite difficult and arcane tongue.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x words"
CF | You could try reading them, I suppose.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read words"
CF | You can't read the ancient Ulian tongue.
CF |
CF | > Jacqueline says (to KO), "David still has granite-trauma from Augmented Fourth, you see."
Knight_Otu says, "Makes sense."
DavidW asks, "I suppose open the coffin, steal from the dead?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open coffin"
CF | You grunt and strain, but even with your warrior's strength, you can't
CF | budge the huge stone lid.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Or will there be a secret staircase inside?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "pry coffin with shovel"
CF | I don't recognize that sentence.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "put figurine on coffin."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "put figurine on coffin"
CF | There's no good surface on the stone coffin.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "drat"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x figure"
CF | The jade figurine depicts a smiling, pot-bellied Duhdha. The few
CF | remaining Duhdhists in the Valley carry these around, rubbing them for
CF | good luck. Such foolish nonsense is, of course, beneath a Valley
CF | Warrior. [11]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push belly button"
CF | You poke the figurine of Duhdha in the stomach. Without warning, a
CF | bolt of lightning splits the sky and arcs to the ground, frying your
CF | head to a crisp. The charred embers of your brains fall down your
CF | collar; you might have an urge to scratch, if you were still alive and
CF | had a head.
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 461 turns, you have achieved a score of 77 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're probably getting frustrated.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "The idea was not to be holding it."
Knight_Otu says, "Being underground didn't help."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop figurine"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push belly button"
CF | You poke the figurine of Duhdha in the stomach. Without warning, a
CF | bolt of lightning splits the sky and arcs to the ground, frying your
CF | head to a crisp. The charred embers of your brains fall down your
CF | collar; you might have an urge to scratch, if you were still alive and
CF | had a head.
CF |
CF | *** You've perished horribly! ***
CF |
CF | In a total of 462 turns, you have achieved a score of 77 points out of
CF | a possible 350.
CF |
CF | This means you're probably getting frustrated.
CF |
CF | You may restore a saved game, start over, or quit.
CF | Please enter RESTORE, RESTART, UNDO, or QUIT: >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | You see a jade figurine here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x walls"
CF | I don't see any walls here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x ground"
CF | There's nothing special about it.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Like, if the thing was on the coffin, the lightning could open the coffin."
Knight_Otu says, "Could. But probably not."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x lid"
CF | The coffin is quite large. A figure of a bearded and armored warrior,
CF | eyes closed and hands folded across his chest, is carved on the lid.
CF | Words are carved on the side - you recognize the language as early
CF | Ulian, a quite difficult and arcane tongue.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "West?"
DavidW says, "Maybe the words on the coffin say what to do to open it and we need to learn Elvish or whatever first."
DavidW says, "Ulian"
Knight_Otu says, "Possibly."
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "wake figure"
CF | Let it sleep just a little longer. (Try something stupid, get a stupid
CF | response.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wake up"
CF | I don't understand that sentence.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wake coffin"
CF | Let it sleep just a little longer. (Try something stupid, get a stupid
CF | response.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "That's probably the wake thing response."
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "Are there any side passages from here?"
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah, to the west."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | You've obviously stumbled into a vast, uncharted underworld. (Big
CF | surprise.) Could the fair Amanda have passed this way? Though you
CF | entered these caverns through the tombs, the footprints from the lake
CF | did lead back into the swamps; perhaps Amanda found another way down
CF | here. Only exploration will truly tell the tale. Tunnels run north
CF | and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the east. At the west end
CF | of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Let's find out if Gollum is here too."
DavidW says, "An underground gazebo."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x gazebo"
CF | The gazebo is perhaps twenty feet high, with a tiny steeple on top. In
CF | the steeple, you can just make out a bell hanging from the roof. The
CF | gazebo is at the west end of the cavern. [15]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 15"
CF | [15]: This is NOT the same as the gazebo in 'Horror of Rylvania!' It's
CF | entirely different! All-new code! Honest!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x steeple"
CF | It looks like an ordinary steeple to me.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bell"
CF | I don't see any bell here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I've played HoR but I don't remember that gazebo that clearly."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x mos"
CF | I don't know the word "mos".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x moss"
CF | The beds of moss and fungi cover the floor of the chamber. It's a sea
CF | of colors - reds, greens, blues.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "We probably don't want to eat that again."
DavidW says, "Try entering the gazebo. Maybe it's an elevator or something."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | In the Gazebo
CF |
CF | You're standing in the whitewashed gazebo in the mystical cavern.
CF | It's quite peaceful here; the moss-covered cavern floor outside muffles
CF | most sounds. Faint flowery smells reach your nostrils, and you feel
CF | quite relaxed. Truly, there is an almost magical tranquillity here.
CF | High above you, you can see the steeple bell.
CF |
CF | A long rope is attached to the bell, the other end dangling just
CF | above the floor. You can only go back to the east from here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "climb rope"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x rope"
CF | The rope hangs down from above; it appears to be attached to the bell
CF | overhead.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bell"
CF | The bell hangs high overhead; you can't see it very well.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "climb rope"
CF | You shinny partway up the rope. The bell rings loudly as you pull on
CF | the rope, resounding through the cavern and sending vibrations along
CF | the rope. Your hands sting from the shocks, and you drop to the
CF | ground. You're not getting up there that way.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "hmph"
Knight_Otu says, "Well now everyone knows we're here."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ring bell"
CF | Bong! The clear, deep tone of the bell resounds through the cavern.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "better make banana bread"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "jump"
CF | Wheeee!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu asks, "North or south?"
DavidW says, "North."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Altar Chamber
CF |
CF | You are standing in a chamber cut from dark obsidian. Somehow, you
CF | feel at peace here. Obviously, this is some kind of temple to one of
CF | the gods of ancient Ul. Patterned mosaics cover the floor, and the
CF | black walls are streaked with swirls of white marble.
CF |
CF | A simple, featureless altar made from dark gray granite is built
CF | into the northern wall. Above the altar, some writing has been carved
CF | into the black stones. Identical passages run south, east, and west.
CF |
CF | There's an old monk here, seated on the altar. He looks like he
CF | hasn't slept or eaten in days, and appears to be very distressed. He
CF | glances up as you enter. "Welcome, Valley Warrior."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x monk"
CF | The old monk looks quite unhappy. He hasn't shaven in some time, and
CF | his robes are tattered and filthy. He stares at you sorrowfully.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about monk"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I can almost guarantee he'll want a fried egg."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about duhdha"
CF | A fleeting grin crosses the monk's wan face. "Why, it's an image of
CF | the great Duhdha!"
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "read writing"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read writing"
CF | You're not going to read it without an ancient Ulian dictionary.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x altar"
CF | A sad old monk is sitting on the altar, chin in his hands.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about coffin"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about writing"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about temple"
CF | I don't know the word "temple".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about dictionary"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about gazebo"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about amanda"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x mosaics"
CF | You recognize some of the images as icons of the ancient Duhdhist
CF | religion. This must be a temple of that long-forgotten god.
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "pray?"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "pray"
CF |
CF | Your prayers are not heard.
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show figurine to monk"
CF | The monk smiles. "I already have one, my child. Keep it; your
CF | carrying of Duhdha's image sets a good eggsample for your fellow
CF | warriors."
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about distress"
CF | I don't know the word "distress".
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about sadness"
CF | I don't know the word "sadness".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about belly button"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about altar"
CF | The monk pats the hard stone. "Duhdha lies in the world beyond, great
CF | Warrior. But you do not believe."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about writing"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about ul"
CF | I don't know the word "ul".
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "ask monk about ulian"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about ulian"
CF | I don't know the word "ulian".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about pretzel"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "hm. Maybe explore west or east."
Knight_Otu says, "Hm. Yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Vestry
CF |
CF | You're in a tiny room that's not much more than a stone closet. It
CF | probably serves as the vestry for the temple. The only exit is back to
CF | the east. There's a set of hooks on the western wall.
CF |
CF | A robe is hanging on the hooks.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x robe"
CF | The robe is cream-colored and stained with brown splotches. It's
CF | rather tattered - between the stains, a few rips, and one half-torn
CF | pocket, it's not worth much.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "POCKET"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x pocket"
CF | The pocket of the robe is quite tattered, and hanging by just a few
CF | threads. In the pocket you see a black stone.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get stone"
CF | You've already got your hands full.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu exclaims, "ARG!"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x stone"
CF | The black stone is quite small. Now that you look at it, you realize
CF | it's made out of plastic. It seems to be magnetic as well.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "i"
CF | You have a brass lamp (providing light), a thin wand, a bronze ring
CF | (being worn), a sword, a pair of erasers, a wine bottle, a handful of
CF | radberries, a jade figurine, a trowel, an oar, and a spade.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop oar"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get stone"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Drop the bottle, too."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop bottle"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Altar Chamber
CF |
CF | You are standing in a chamber cut from dark obsidian. Somehow, you
CF | feel at peace here. Obviously, this is some kind of temple to one of
CF | the gods of ancient Ul. Patterned mosaics cover the floor, and the
CF | black walls are streaked with swirls of white marble.
CF |
CF | A simple, featureless altar made from dark gray granite is built
CF | into the northern wall. Above the altar, some writing has been carved
CF | into the black stones. Identical passages run south, east, and west.
CF |
CF | There's an old monk here, seated on the altar. He looks like he
CF | hasn't slept or eaten in days, and appears to be very distressed. He
CF | glances up as you enter. "Welcome, Valley Warrior."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about stone"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Monk's Kitchen
CF |
CF | You're in a small, square chamber with a low ceiling. A rusty oven
CF | stands against the east wall. Attached to the northern wall is a long
CF | wooden shelf. Otherwise, the room is quite featureless. A passage
CF | runs back to the west.
CF |
CF | A small cardboard box and a cookbook are sitting on the wooden
CF | shelf.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x oven"
CF | The oven's a rusty piece of junk. I doubt it's been used for years.
CF | It's also stone cold. I think the pilot light's gone out. There's a
CF | few scuff marks around the base of the oven. The oven is closed.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "pull oven"
CF | You're not quite strong enough to move the oven.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open it"
CF | Opened.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "look in oven"
CF | The oven's a rusty piece of junk. I doubt it's been used for years.
CF | It's also stone cold. I think the pilot light's gone out. There's a
CF | few scuff marks around the base of the oven. The oven is open.
CF | There's nothing in the oven.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x shelf"
CF | On the wooden shelf you see a small cardboard box and a cookbook.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x box"
CF | The box is garishly decorated with mauve, orange, and green stars.
CF | Bright purple lettering on the front reads "Acme Sorta-Yehlo Ehg
CF | Suhb-sti-toot Miks: A Dam Tastee Pahrt oph this Compleet Brekfhast.
CF | No cholesterol!" The box is, thankfully, closed.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x cookbook"
CF | The title of the cookbook is "101 Damn Tasty Egg Recipes."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read it"
CF | You don't really have time to peruse the cookbook now.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get it"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get box"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Altar Chamber
CF |
CF | You are standing in a chamber cut from dark obsidian. Somehow, you
CF | feel at peace here. Obviously, this is some kind of temple to one of
CF | the gods of ancient Ul. Patterned mosaics cover the floor, and the
CF | black walls are streaked with swirls of white marble.
CF |
CF | A simple, featureless altar made from dark gray granite is built
CF | into the northern wall. Above the altar, some writing has been carved
CF | into the black stones. Identical passages run south, east, and west.
CF |
CF | There's an old monk here, seated on the altar. He looks like he
CF | hasn't slept or eaten in days, and appears to be very distressed. He
CF | glances up as you enter. "Welcome, Valley Warrior."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show box to monk"
CF | "That is not unto my stomach as I am to God," the monk mutters angrily.
CF | "What need have I of such worldly tripe?"
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show cookbook to monk"
CF | "That is not unto my stomach as I am to God," the monk mutters angrily.
CF | "What need have I of such worldly tripe?"
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "show stone to monk"
CF | "That is not unto my stomach as I am to God," the monk mutters angrily.
CF | "What need have I of such worldly tripe?"
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | You can't go that way.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "l"
CF | Altar Chamber
CF |
CF | You are standing in a chamber cut from dark obsidian. Somehow, you
CF | feel at peace here. Obviously, this is some kind of temple to one of
CF | the gods of ancient Ul. Patterned mosaics cover the floor, and the
CF | black walls are streaked with swirls of white marble.
CF |
CF | A simple, featureless altar made from dark gray granite is built
CF | into the northern wall. Above the altar, some writing has been carved
CF | into the black stones. Identical passages run south, east, and west.
CF |
CF | There's an old monk here, seated on the altar. He looks like he
CF | hasn't slept or eaten in days, and appears to be very distressed. He
CF | glances up as you enter. "Welcome, Valley Warrior."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "perhaps drop the box and cookbook"
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop box and cookbook"
CF | small cardboard box: Dropped.
CF | cookbook: Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Edge of Pit
CF |
CF | You're standing in a circular room at the edge of a deep pit. A
CF | ledge runs around the room, above the pit. Being here makes your
CF | stomach churn; the pit's quite deep, and your fear of heights is as
CF | strong as ever. [7] An iron hook is embedded in one of the walls.
CF | The only exit from the room is a passage back through the rock to the
CF | west. Below, in the pit, you can see what appears to be a baby dragon.
CF | It looks up at you briefly, then trips over its tail and falls down
CF | with a loud squeak.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Uh oh,pit."
DavidW says, "Don't stay too long here."
Knight_Otu says, "Yeah."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x hook"
CF | The hook's firmly stuck in the wall. I don't think you can get it out.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x dragon"
CF | The baby dragon is not exactly small - it probably weighs more than you
CF | do. But it is quite cute. As you watch, it trips over its own feet
CF | and goes flying in a great tangle of claws and tail. [16]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 16"
CF | [16]: This rather clumsy dragon is MUCH larger by the time of
CF | "Unnkulian Unventure II: The Secret of Acme."
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "Do we have rope? I don't remember."
Knight_Otu says, "Not yet."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | In the Gazebo
CF |
CF | You're standing in the whitewashed gazebo in the mystical cavern.
CF | It's quite peaceful here; the moss-covered cavern floor outside muffles
CF | most sounds. Faint flowery smells reach your nostrils, and you feel
CF | quite relaxed. Truly, there is an almost magical tranquillity here.
CF | High above you, you can see the steeple bell.
CF |
CF | A long rope is attached to the bell, the other end dangling just
CF | above the floor. You can only go back to the east from here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf11"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cut rope with sword"
CF | I don't think cutting the rope is a good idea; you might need the whole
CF | piece later.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get rope"
CF | You can't untie the rope from down here; the other end is attached to
CF | the bell, some twenty feet overhead.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh, yeah, this rope."
Knight_Otu says, "Probably can't get it yet."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I need a bathroom break. bbiab"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x magic"
CF | I don't know the word "magic".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x stalactites"
CF | Strange, colorful veins of minerals spiral through the pillars of rock,
CF | sparkling in the light.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x mists"
CF | I don't know the word "mists".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x shadows"
CF | The shadows are probably just from the lamplight hitting the rock
CF | formations in the cave.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x crevices"
CF | The crevices are uninteresting. You most certainly can't fit inside
CF | them, if that's what your thinking.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "ok back"
Knight_Otu says, "Okay, southwest path now."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x sign"
CF | The sign's made of wood, and embedded in the stone wall. It reads as
CF | follows:
CF | "Poppa Ul Memorial Lodge - Members Only! Exits northeast and south.
CF | Sauna north. Gym northwest. Reading room west. Equipment furnished
CF | by Acme."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x glass"
CF | The wall's not like the one in the King's lake view room. It's quite
CF | strong, and has a much different feel to it - almost rubbery to the
CF | touch. Through the glass, you can see a few fish swimming along the
CF | bottom of the lake. Tiny raised letters run along the bottom of the
CF | wall. They read, "Wowsa Willy's Wonder Wall."
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x door"
CF | The steel door is closed. It's warm to the touch.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x water"
CF | There's nothing special about the lake water.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf12"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wave wand"
CF | Nothing happens.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "With luck, there's an Ulian dictionary in the reading room."
DavidW says, "The gym might make us strong enough to move an oven."
Knight_Otu says, "Hopefully."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Reading Room
CF |
CF | This chamber's walls are covered in tacky stained purple and green
CF | wooden panelling. It's not exactly what I would call peaceful, but
CF | there is a comfortable chair (upholstered in bright orange) and, on the
CF | western wall, a bookshelf. In some ways, the room is kind of like an
CF | evil twin of the King's library back in the Valley. The only exit is
CF | back to the east.
CF |
CF | A brown book, a yellow paperback, a black book, a blue book, and a
CF | white paperback are sitting on the shelf.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x panelling"
CF | It's quite tacky, made from fiberboard and asbestos and stained with
CF | lead paint. Tiny lettering along the bottom of one wall reads "Acme
CF | Hoam Improovmint Deevishun."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x chair"
CF | The chair looks quite comfortable, though it is completely hideous.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x shelf"
CF | On the shelf you see a brown book, a yellow paperback, a black book, a
CF | blue book, and a white paperback.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x brown"
CF | The book's cover is made of leather and embossed with gold letters that
CF | read "Ulian to Valley-Tongue Dictionary."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read it"
CF | Thoroughly reading the dictionary would take more time than you have.
CF | It might be useful if you have to translate something, though. [17]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get it"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note"
CF | What do you want to get footnote information for?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "17"
CF | [17]: Something fun to do is to try counting the dictionary (and other
CF | things in the game as well.)
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "count dictionary"
CF | There is one (1) dictionary. It contains forty-three thousand, eight
CF | hundred and fifty-five (43,855) words.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x yellow"
CF | It's number forty-three in the "Don Martyr of Cars" series. You've got
CF | a copy at home, a much nicer edition. I think the cover of this one's
CF | made from cheez (tm).
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x black"
CF | Which black do you mean, the black book, or the black stone?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "book"
CF | The black book is quite heavy and trimmed with gold leaf. The title is
CF | "A History Of Ancient Ul - W. Willy"
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read it"
CF | You start reading the book, opening to a page at random.
CF |
CF | " - and Poppa Ul led his people for many, many years - wearing the
CF | magic crown of Ul, he lived for well over two centuries.
CF | But his evil brother Unk Ul slew him, and stole the crown, and led
CF | his mercenaries west of Lake Draounheer. In the chaos that followed
CF | the death of Great Ul, Kuul, son of Ul, took the remnants of the Ulians
CF | to the wooded valley to the east of the lake. One day, he vowed, he
CF | would lead the people of Ul against the evil Unk's Ulians and their
CF | dread demons - and recover the crown of his father.
CF |
CF | And he did, and there was much rejoicing. The people praised Duhdha
CF | and built many temples to their prophet who had seen them through the
CF | days of strife. And the priests of these temples were called by a name
CF | that honored of the great Kuul son of Ul, the first Valley King. And
CF | his children shall wear the crown, and each shall rule for centuries,
CF | and forever keep at bay the evil Unk's Ulians."
CF |
CF | You stop reading and glance at the copyright date. The book was
CF | published in 390 VK, only fifty-seven years ago! Could the great Wowsa
CF | Willy still have been alive then?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "g"
CF | You start reading the book, opening to a page at random.
CF |
CF | " - and Poppa Ul led his people for many, many years - wearing the
CF | magic crown of Ul, he lived for well over two centuries.
CF | But his evil brother Unk Ul slew him, and stole the crown, and led
CF | his mercenaries west of Lake Draounheer. In the chaos that followed
CF | the death of Great Ul, Kuul, son of Ul, took the remnants of the Ulians
CF | to the wooded valley to the east of the lake. One day, he vowed, he
CF | would lead the people of Ul against the evil Unk's Ulians and their
CF | dread demons - and recover the crown of his father.
CF |
CF | And he did, and there was much rejoicing. The people praised Duhdha
CF | and built many temples to their prophet who had seen them through the
CF | days of strife. And the priests of these temples were called by a name
CF | that honored of the great Kuul son of Ul, the first Valley King. And
CF | his children shall wear the crown, and each shall rule for centuries,
CF | and forever keep at bay the evil Unk's Ulians."
CF |
CF | You stop reading and glance at the copyright date. The book was
CF | published in 390 VK, only fifty-seven years ago! Could the great Wowsa
CF | Willy still have been alive then?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x blue"
CF | The blue book's cover says "Myths of Ancient Ul."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read it"
CF | One of the myths catches your eye -
CF |
CF | "The Story of the Ghostly Smith -
CF |
CF | Some say that Poppa Ul's mighty blacksmith Pyter still lives in the
CF | hallowed Ulian halls. Pyter killed himself when he realized he had cut
CF | down the very last tree west of Lake Draounheer to fuel his crucible.
CF | Now, the legend goes, Pyter sits in his forge, sharpening his axe,
CF | waiting for the day when he can make the flames rise once again and
CF | forge the jewelry and weapons that made the name of Poppa Ul famous far
CF | and wide."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "g"
CF | One of the myths catches your eye -
CF |
CF | "The Story of the Ghostly Smith -
CF |
CF | Some say that Poppa Ul's mighty blacksmith Pyter still lives in the
CF | hallowed Ulian halls. Pyter killed himself when he realized he had cut
CF | down the very last tree west of Lake Draounheer to fuel his crucible.
CF | Now, the legend goes, Pyter sits in his forge, sharpening his axe,
CF | waiting for the day when he can make the flames rise once again and
CF | forge the jewelry and weapons that made the name of Poppa Ul famous far
CF | and wide."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x white"
CF | The book's cover says "Cradle to Grave." It's a science fiction novel
CF | by D. A. Leary. (It's also a shameless plug.)
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read it"
CF | Though it's probably one of the best books you'd ever choose to read,
CF | you don't really have time right now. [18]
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "note 18"
CF | [18]: Unpublished at the time of game publication (bummer!)
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Well. I believe we have some texts to translate."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read writing"
CF | "Here lies Ul - Beloved Poppa of All Ulians."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Altar Chamber
CF |
CF | You are standing in a chamber cut from dark obsidian. Somehow, you
CF | feel at peace here. Obviously, this is some kind of temple to one of
CF | the gods of ancient Ul. Patterned mosaics cover the floor, and the
CF | black walls are streaked with swirls of white marble.
CF |
CF | A simple, featureless altar made from dark gray granite is built
CF | into the northern wall. Above the altar, some writing has been carved
CF | into the black stones. Identical passages run south, east, and west.
CF |
CF | You see a small cardboard box and a cookbook here.
CF |
CF | There's an old monk here, seated on the altar. He looks like he
CF | hasn't slept or eaten in days, and appears to be very distressed. He
CF | glances up as you enter. "Welcome, Valley Warrior."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "read writing"
CF | Using your dictionary, you translate the ancient legend -
CF |
CF | "Yea, verily, and the disciples did go unto the Great Duhdha. 'Give us
CF | your wisdom, O Wise One!' they clamored. 'Go away,' replied Duhdha.
CF | Yea, verily, and his followers did lament and weep, loudly and for an
CF | extremely long time. 'All right all ready!' Duhdha cried - for he
CF | could no longer bear their suffering. 'What wisdom do you guys seek -
CF | er, seeketh?'
CF | 'Tell us how to behave, O Wise One!' the followers shouted. 'How
CF | to behave, what to do, what to eat - '
CF | 'What to eat?' Duhdha said. Yea, verily, and Duhdha's brow did
CF | furrow as he searched for wisdom. 'Let me see - something quite
CF | unhealthy, that'll make you all die off quicker. Something with a lot
CF | of cholestorol. Ah ha! Of course! Eat eggs, my followers, because,
CF | er - ' And Duhdha paused, seeking the proper enlightening words. 'An
CF | egg is unto our stomachs as we are to God! Yeah, that's it!'"
CF |
CF | The legend abruptly ends.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Well."
Knight_Otu says, "That sure is a legend."
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about eggs"
CF | I don't know the word "eggs".
CF |
CF | >
DavidW says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about egg"
CF | The monk perks up and stares at you, eyes wide. "Where?" he asks.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think the sauna will be the place to cook the egg."
Knight_Otu says, "Possibly."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about sauna"
CF | I don't know the word "sauna".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "And, since we saw a baby dragon, maybe the egg will be a dragon's egg."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x sign"
CF | The sign's made of wood, and embedded in the stone wall. It reads as
CF | follows:
CF | "Poppa Ul Memorial Lodge - Members Only! Exits northeast and south.
CF | Sauna north. Gym northwest. Reading room west. Equipment furnished
CF | by Acme."
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "That's what I've thought at first, but if one has already hatched... Who knows."
DavidW says, "count the fish"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "count fish"
CF | There is one (1) fish.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "nw"
CF | Gymnasium
CF |
CF | You're standing in a strange room lined with mauve and green
CF | linoleum. The chamber is featureless; only the contents suggest what
CF | the room might have been used for. The only exit is back to the
CF | southeast.
CF |
CF | You see a trampoline and a barbell here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x trampoline"
CF | It's rather large and heavy-looking. It would probably be fun to jump
CF | on it. Tiny letters printed on the surface read "Acme Dam Bownsee
CF | Tram-poh-leen."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x barbell"
CF | The barbell is made from solid iron and (of course) is quite heavy.
CF | You could really get a good workout lifting that sucker.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "lift barbell"
CF | You work out with the weights for a while. (Grunt - strain - urk) A
CF | Valley Warrior can never be too strong, after all!
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "g"
CF | You're already kind of sore from your last workout.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "And that we can do with our hands full."
DavidW says, "go move the oven before it wears off"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "se"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "pull oven"
CF | I don't see any oven here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Oops."
DavidW says, "east of monk"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Altar Chamber
CF |
CF | You are standing in a chamber cut from dark obsidian. Somehow, you
CF | feel at peace here. Obviously, this is some kind of temple to one of
CF | the gods of ancient Ul. Patterned mosaics cover the floor, and the
CF | black walls are streaked with swirls of white marble.
CF |
CF | A simple, featureless altar made from dark gray granite is built
CF | into the northern wall. Above the altar, some writing has been carved
CF | into the black stones. Identical passages run south, east, and west.
CF |
CF | You see a small cardboard box and a cookbook here.
CF |
CF | There's an old monk here, seated on the altar. He looks like he
CF | hasn't slept or eaten in days, and appears to be very distressed. He
CF | glances up as you enter. "Welcome, Valley Warrior."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Monk's Kitchen
CF |
CF | You're in a small, square chamber with a low ceiling. A rusty oven
CF | stands against the east wall. Attached to the northern wall is a long
CF | wooden shelf. Otherwise, the room is quite featureless. A passage
CF | runs back to the west.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "pull oven"
CF | You move the oven away from the east wall, into the center of the room,
CF | revealing a narrow passage to the east!
CF |
CF | *** Your score has just gone up. ***
CF |
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Just skipped a north, is all."
DavidW says, "It's after 4 pm here now."
Knight_Otu asks, "Do you want to stop for today?"
DavidW says, "I can continue."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | You're carrying too much to fit through the narrow passageway.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "argh"
Knight_Otu says, "Of course we are."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop all"
CF | brass lamp: Dropped.
CF | thin wand: Dropped.
CF | bronze ring: (Taking off the bronze ring first)
CF | Dropped.
CF | sword: Dropped.
CF | pair of erasers: Dropped.
CF | handful of radberries: Dropped.
CF | jade figurine: Dropped.
CF | trowel: Dropped.
CF | spade: Dropped.
CF | black stone: Dropped.
CF | brown book: Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get ring"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "wear ring"
CF | Okay, you're now wearing the bronze ring.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get sword"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | You squeeze through the narrow tunnel, and find yourself -
CF |
CF | It's pitch black.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Monk's Kitchen
CF |
CF | You're in a small, square chamber with a low ceiling. In the center
CF | of the room is a rusty oven. It appears to have been pulled away from
CF | the wall, revealing a very narrow tunnel to the east. Attached to the
CF | northern wall is a long wooden shelf. Otherwise, the room is quite
CF | featureless. A passage runs back to the west.
CF |
CF | You see a brass lamp (providing light), a thin wand, a pair of
CF | erasers, a handful of radberries, a jade figurine, a trowel, a spade, a
CF | black stone, and a brown book here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get lamp"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | You squeeze through the narrow tunnel, and find yourself -
CF |
CF | Mine Shaft
CF |
CF | You're standing in a rough-hewn cave at the top of a long-forgotten
CF | mine shaft. A thick vein of gold ore runs diagonally across the east
CF | wall, glowing in the pale green lamplight. A narrow squeeze runs west,
CF | but you're not going to get through there if you're carrying a lot. To
CF | the south, the deep mine shaft runs down. Mudslides and rockfalls have
CF | taken their toll, and the shaft is slippery and cluttered, but still
CF | negotiable. Still, I doubt if you could climb back up. A wider,
CF | straight passage runs north.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Let's not go down."
DavidW says, "ugh, another one-way descent."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Mines of Dioria
CF |
CF | You're standing in a damp, cluttered cave. Twisting, tiny tunnels
CF | run off in all directions, but (thankfully) the only one you're big
CF | enough to fit through is back to the south. You've obviously stumbled
CF | into the legendary mines of the Dwarvish Lord Dioria, a brave but
CF | rather odious king who used to sell gems and gold to the ancient Ulians
CF | - you can recognize clumsy dwarvish mining when you see it.
CF | Thankfully, all the legends suggest that the dwarves are long-dead.
CF | Jumbled rocks litter the floor, and it's rather hard to walk around.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x rocks"
CF | The rocks are just cave litter, nothing too interesting. Suddenly, a
CF | dwarf runs out of one of the passages and tosses a rusty knife at you!
CF | It scratches your arm and clatters against the wall. "Curses!" the
CF | dwarf shrieks. Before you can react, he dives back into one of the
CF | narrow tunnels.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x me"
CF | You're a hulking Valley Warrior, one of the fittest of the Valley
CF | King's soldiers. Right now, however, you appear to be injured.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "That may be bad."
DavidW says, "it may be, yeah"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Mines of Dioria
CF |
CF | You're standing in a damp, cluttered cave. Twisting, tiny tunnels
CF | run off in all directions, but (thankfully) the only one you're big
CF | enough to fit through is back to the south. You've obviously stumbled
CF | into the legendary mines of the Dwarvish Lord Dioria, a brave but
CF | rather odious king who used to sell gems and gold to the ancient Ulians
CF | - you can recognize clumsy dwarvish mining when you see it.
CF | Thankfully, all the legends suggest that the dwarves are long-dead.
CF | Jumbled rocks litter the floor, and it's rather hard to walk around.
CF |
CF | You see a rusty knife here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Mines of Dioria
CF |
CF | You're standing in a damp, cluttered cave. Twisting, tiny tunnels
CF | run off in all directions, but (thankfully) the only one you're big
CF | enough to fit through is back to the south. You've obviously stumbled
CF | into the legendary mines of the Dwarvish Lord Dioria, a brave but
CF | rather odious king who used to sell gems and gold to the ancient Ulians
CF | - you can recognize clumsy dwarvish mining when you see it.
CF | Thankfully, all the legends suggest that the dwarves are long-dead.
CF | Jumbled rocks litter the floor, and it's rather hard to walk around.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Mine Shaft
CF |
CF | You're standing in a rough-hewn cave at the top of a long-forgotten
CF | mine shaft. A thick vein of gold ore runs diagonally across the east
CF | wall, glowing in the pale green lamplight. A narrow squeeze runs west,
CF | but you're not going to get through there if you're carrying a lot. To
CF | the south, the deep mine shaft runs down. Mudslides and rockfalls have
CF | taken their toll, and the shaft is slippery and cluttered, but still
CF | negotiable. Still, I doubt if you could climb back up. A wider,
CF | straight passage runs north.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "I saw the knife by the way."
Knight_Otu says, "But still."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x vein"
CF | The vein runs diagonally through the wall, and has obviously been
CF | mined. Still, an industrious person could probably get a few chunks of
CF | gold out.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get gold"
CF | You can't have the vein of gold.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "mine gold"
CF | I don't know the word "mine".
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh, gold ore for the coin press in the lighthouse."
Knight_Otu says, "Hm, but if we can't get up..."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get chunk"
CF | I don't know the word "chunk".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get chunks"
CF | I don't see any chunks here.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I'm sure we'll find a way up somehow"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "hit vein"
CF | What do you want to attack it with?
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sword"
CF | CLANG! The shock of metal-on-metal sends a shock up your wrist.
CF | You've dented the gold, but if you're going to do any serious mining,
CF | you'll need better equipment.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Monk's Kitchen
CF |
CF | You're in a small, square chamber with a low ceiling. In the center
CF | of the room is a rusty oven. It appears to have been pulled away from
CF | the wall, revealing a very narrow tunnel to the east. Attached to the
CF | northern wall is a long wooden shelf. Otherwise, the room is quite
CF | featureless. A passage runs back to the west.
CF |
CF | You see a thin wand, a pair of erasers, a handful of radberries, a
CF | jade figurine, a trowel, a spade, a black stone, and a brown book here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get trowel"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | You're carrying too much to fit through the narrow passageway.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop sword"
CF | Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | You squeeze through the narrow tunnel, and find yourself -
CF |
CF | Mine Shaft
CF |
CF | You're standing in a rough-hewn cave at the top of a long-forgotten
CF | mine shaft. A thick vein of gold ore runs diagonally across the east
CF | wall, glowing in the pale green lamplight. A narrow squeeze runs west,
CF | but you're not going to get through there if you're carrying a lot. To
CF | the south, the deep mine shaft runs down. Mudslides and rockfalls have
CF | taken their toll, and the shaft is slippery and cluttered, but still
CF | negotiable. Still, I doubt if you could climb back up. A wider,
CF | straight passage runs north.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I think a pickaxe is what's likely needed."
Knight_Otu says, "Probably, but I can try."
DavidW says, "of course"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "hit vein with trowel"
CF | It's not very effective to attack with the trowel.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Monk's Kitchen
CF |
CF | You're in a small, square chamber with a low ceiling. In the center
CF | of the room is a rusty oven. It appears to have been pulled away from
CF | the wall, revealing a very narrow tunnel to the east. Attached to the
CF | northern wall is a long wooden shelf. Otherwise, the room is quite
CF | featureless. A passage runs back to the west.
CF |
CF | You see a thin wand, a pair of erasers, a handful of radberries, a
CF | jade figurine, a spade, a black stone, a brown book, and a sword here.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Okay."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get all"
CF | thin wand: Taken.
CF | pair of erasers: Taken.
CF | handful of radberries: Taken.
CF | jade figurine: Taken.
CF | spade: Taken.
CF | black stone: Taken.
CF | brown book: Taken.
CF | sword: Taken.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "(I half expected a Your hands are full.)"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Altar Chamber
CF |
CF | You are standing in a chamber cut from dark obsidian. Somehow, you
CF | feel at peace here. Obviously, this is some kind of temple to one of
CF | the gods of ancient Ul. Patterned mosaics cover the floor, and the
CF | black walls are streaked with swirls of white marble.
CF |
CF | A simple, featureless altar made from dark gray granite is built
CF | into the northern wall. Above the altar, some writing has been carved
CF | into the black stones. Identical passages run south, east, and west.
CF |
CF | You see a small cardboard box and a cookbook here.
CF |
CF | There's an old monk here, seated on the altar. He looks like he
CF | hasn't slept or eaten in days, and appears to be very distressed. He
CF | glances up as you enter. "Welcome, Valley Warrior."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask monk about dragon"
CF | The monk shrugs. "Only Duhdha knows for sure."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Exit to Surface
CF |
CF | You're standing in a carved square chamber with an arched roof.
CF | Stairs climb up to the northwest, and bright sunlight filters down,
CF | bathing the room in a pale yellow glow.
CF |
CF | So there is another exit to the surface from this strange
CF | underworld! Perhaps Amanda passed this way after all - and maybe your
CF | exploration of these caves is not in vain!
CF |
CF | To the west is a great iron door, covered in sinister carvings.
CF | It's closed. Passages run north and southwest as well. From the
CF | southwest, a faint grinding noise echoes up the passage.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
DavidW says, "at some point, we'll need to brave the downslopw."
Knight_Otu says, "And the dwarves."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x door"
CF | The great iron door is covered with grotesque carvings. It's closed.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x carvings"
CF | The carvings portray twisted demonic figures, torturing and killing
CF | helpless humans. The carvings look much like what you've seen on
CF | captured Unnkulian weaponry.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open door"
CF | It's locked.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "SAVE"
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "cf13"
CF | File to save game in >
CF | Saved.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Forge
CF |
CF | You're standing in what must be an ancient forge. Dark wooden beams
CF | support a sagging stone roof, and the floor is stained with droplets of
CF | metal. A giant pair of bellows, attached to a huge crucible, stands in
CF | the very center of the room. To one side is a huge grindstone. The
CF | only exit is to the northeast.
CF |
CF | A burly man in a blacksmith's apron is seated at the grindstone,
CF | methodically sharpening his axe. Sparks fly as metal touches stone.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "oh, the key to the sauna or the other room might be in the coffin."
Knight_Otu says, "Possibly."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x smith"
CF | The smith, a mighty man is he, with strong and sinewy hands. He's busy
CF | sharpening his axe, and he's not paying any attention to you. Now that
CF | you look at him closely, you notice that he's somewhat transparent -
CF | you can see right through him!
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x grindstone"
CF | The massive grindstone spins when then pedal beneath it is pushed. The
CF | stone's used for sharpening metal implements.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x axe"
CF | The smith's axe looks plenty sharp. It would make a fine weapon, if it
CF | weren't insubstantial and ghostly.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x droplets"
CF | No doubt, the droplets are left-over debris from when the forge was
CF | active.
CF |
CF | > DavidW says, "I wonder if this smith guy can forge a pickaxe for us."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get them"
CF | metal droplets: You can't have the metal droplets.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x crucible"
CF | The crucible's a huge container used for melting metals. The giant
CF | bellows are attached to it. There's nothing in the crucible.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "x bellows"
CF | When a fire is lit under the crucible, the bellows are used to make the
CF | flames rise higher. Pushing the bellows will drive air under the
CF | crucible.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
DavidW says, "hm. Bet we have to supply the metal used in the forging."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask smith about forge"
CF | I don't know the word "forge".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask smith about crucible"
CF | "Used for meltin' down metals," the smith mumbles. "But I've got no
CF | fuel." A lone tear runs down his cheek. "All the wood is gone."
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask smith about wood"
CF | The smith doesn't seem to hear you.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask smith about fuel"
CF | I don't know the word "fuel".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask smith about axe"
CF | The smith doesn't seem to hear you.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask smith about smith"
CF | The smith doesn't seem to hear you.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ask smith about bellows"
CF | "Leave my bellows be," the smith growls. "Only I can heat the
CF | crucible."
CF |
CF | > DavidW asks, "was the oar made of wood?"
Knight_Otu says, "It may have been."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Exit to Surface
CF |
CF | You're standing in a carved square chamber with an arched roof.
CF | Stairs climb up to the northwest, and bright sunlight filters down,
CF | bathing the room in a pale yellow glow.
CF |
CF | To the west is a great iron door, covered in sinister carvings.
CF | It's closed. Passages run north and southwest as well. From the
CF | southwest, a faint grinding noise echoes up the passage.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "nw"
CF | Gymnasium
CF |
CF | You're standing in a strange room lined with mauve and green
CF | linoleum. The chamber is featureless; only the contents suggest what
CF | the room might have been used for. The only exit is back to the
CF | southeast.
CF |
CF | You see a trampoline and a barbell here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get trampoline"
CF | Your load is too heavy.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "push trampoline se"
CF | You can't seem to do that.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "lift barbell"
CF | You're already kind of sore from your last workout.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "se"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "e"
CF | Musty Tomb
CF |
CF | You're standing in an ancient chamber inside the burial mound. High
CF | above your head, the muddy hole you dug beckons you - but there's no
CF | way to reach it. The walls of the chamber are hard-packed sod, but the
CF | floor is solid stone, good Unnkulian granite. A massive stone coffin
CF | stands in the very center of the room. The only exit from the chamber
CF | is a narrow passage sloping down to the west, vanishing into darkness.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "open coffin"
CF | You grunt and strain, but even with your warrior's strength, you can't
CF | budge the huge stone lid.
CF |
CF | > Knight_Otu says, "Hm."
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "w"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "drop all"
CF | bronze ring: (Taking off the bronze ring first)
CF | Dropped.
CF | brass lamp: Dropped.
CF | trowel: Dropped.
CF | thin wand: Dropped.
CF | pair of erasers: Dropped.
CF | handful of radberries: Dropped.
CF | jade figurine: Dropped.
CF | spade: Dropped.
CF | black stone: Dropped.
CF | brown book: Dropped.
CF | sword: Dropped.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | It's pitch black.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "unod"
CF | I don't know the word "unod".
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "undo"
CF | (Undoing one command)
CF |
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |
CF | Tunnels run north and south, and a narrow crawl climbs up to the
CF | east. At the west end of the cavern is a freshly whitewashed gazebo.
CF |
CF | You see a bronze ring, a brass lamp (providing light), a trowel, a
CF | thin wand, a pair of erasers, a handful of radberries, a jade figurine,
CF | a spade, a black stone, a brown book, and a sword here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get lamp"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "s"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "sw"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "nw"
CF | Gymnasium
CF |
CF | You're standing in a strange room lined with mauve and green
CF | linoleum. The chamber is featureless; only the contents suggest what
CF | the room might have been used for. The only exit is back to the
CF | southeast.
CF |
CF | You see a trampoline and a barbell here.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "get trampoline"
CF | Taken.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "se"
CF | Lake View
CF |
CF | You are standing in a square chamber carved from the rock. The
CF | eastern wall of the chamber is made from what appears to be transparent
CF | glass - and through it, you can see water and what must be the muddy
CF | bottom of Lake Draounheer! Somehow, you've gotten around to the
CF | western side of the lake. Perhaps if you strain your eyes, you might
CF | make out the King's Lake View room on the other side - but no; the lake
CF | is too wide, and the waters too muddy. Identical passages run
CF | northeast, northwest, west, and south. To the north is a thick steel
CF | door, which is closed. A sign hangs just above the glass wall.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "ne"
CF | Tunnel Fork
CF |
CF | You're standing at a fork in a low tunnel cut through the deep
CF | bedrock of the land. The walls are close around you, and tons of rock
CF | hang over your head. Luckily, enclosed spaces don't bother you - only
CF | heights do. Passages run north, east, and southwest. All are about
CF | the same width and height; none looks more well-traveled than any
CF | other.
CF |
CF | >
Knight_Otu says (to ClubFloyd), "n"
CF | Mystical Cavern
CF |
CF | You're standing in a vast, mystical cavern. Stalactites shimmer in
CF | the pale green lamplight, and brightly-colored beds of moss catch your
CF | eye. Pale glowing mists swirl at your feet. Shadows seem to leap from
CF | dark crevices in the corner, and breezes, some cold, some hot, nip at
CF | your cheeks. Magic seems to flow from the very rocks, tingling your
CF | toes.
CF |